Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OSU Football

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports OSU Football

Viewing 12 posts - 166 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Author

RedStorm
    Participant

It’s for “summer aid” with an “opportunity to earn it back.”

One game is in line with what most other major universities hand out as punishment. There is no mandate from the NCAA to punish.

patient_zero
    Participant

ESPN’S College Game Day airing 9am-12pm Saturday from The OSU campus tomorrow. It will be a busy tailgate with the Spartans in town.

Set your dvr tomorrow!

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/126949/espns-college-gameday-headed-to-columbus-for-michigan-state-ohio-state

News
    Participant

Ohio State football loses to Michigan State, 17-14
    on November 21, 2015 at 1:51 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State football team suffered its first loss and a serious blow to its national title hopes Saturday at Ohio Stadium, losing 17-14 to Michigan State on a last-second field goal by Michael Geiger. Both teams are 10-1, 6-1 Big Ten. OSU has its rivalry game at No. 14 Michigan next Saturday.

READ MORE: http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/11/live_score_updates_and_chat_oh_9.html

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/11/21/columbus-ohio-elliot-blasts-coaches-wont-return-to-ohio-state-next-year.html

So long Zeke, it was nice to know you but with that attitude its obscurity for you. Hope you got a good education, you will need it.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Offensive play calling was pure garbage. Zeke is right. Coaches didn’t put us in a position to win. And for Urban to also blame play calling? You’re the CEO of this organization if you don’t like the plays change them!

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Bye Zeke, it was nice to know you but with that attitude its obscurity for you. Hope you got a good education, you will need it.

If by obscurity you mean a first round pick and millions of dollars.

WJT
    Participant

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/11/21/columbus-ohio-elliot-blasts-coaches-wont-return-to-ohio-state-next-year.html

So long Zeke, it was nice to know you but with that attitude its obscurity for you. Hope you got a good education, you will need it.

These are young guys, in college, who just had a devastating loss and are venting(and he makes some good points, maybe not the best way to express them at the moment I will admit). This loss does not negate his many great games, including helping us get a National Championship. If he goes pro, so be it, I wish him well. I am sure he is very disappointed and angry right now, hell I was disappointed as hell, and all I did was sit and watch on a couch-I can’t imagine what it is like or them.

With your attitude(and the attitudes of those like you) it would suit you right if they all just said ‘ to hell with it’ and quit now-and guaranteed an ass-kicking for us next week.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Let’s be clear, Zeke needs to learn to keep his emotions in check…but…

There was one successful drive, it was 9 plays and 8 of them were Elliot rushes including the touchdown. He touched the ball 4 times the ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME. The QB had 3 more rushes than one of the best running backs in the country. Meanwhile, after messing with the confidence of both QBs most of the season, the undefeated, national championship winning QB with a throwing arm that would have cut through the wind watched the game from the bench.

Tom Herman won a national championship last year as much as anyone, and that is crystal clear this year. The play calling from day one has been awful and a serious waste of talent…and Urban Meyer made the same statement about play calling after this game as well.

Zeke will still go in the first round and I wouldn’t be surprised of Cardale does as well, and they should.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Core models nailed it. I just don’t understand how Urban also gets to blame play calling. Aren’t you the head coach. Can’t you overrule your OCs?

As for Zeke and Cardale and a bunch of other guys going Pro. I’m fairly certain that was a forgone conclusion. It’s just that usually they don’t talk about it until after the season. I don’t think this game win or loss would have had any impact on that decision. It’s just that they got pissed off and talked about a month before they should have.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Don’t forget the D line was average all game, and then really bad in the 4th. When they kicked it back to them at with 5ish minutes left a 17 to 14 game seemed inevitable.

RedStorm
    Participant

2 fluky plays aside, and MSU wins that 24-0. They were lucky to be leading / tied in the 2nd half.

Play calling was atrocious. I mean, 2011 with Bollman/Bauserman ****. They haven’t figured the offense out ALL YEAR outside of about one game. The Tim Beck hire will haunt Urban. The Beck/Warriner experiment should have ended 5 games ago. 132 yards in FOUR QUARTERS?

It was probably the worst I’ve seen them play since USC in 08. They got gifted two drives for TDs and that was it. MSU threw it FOUR times the entire 2nd half and still they ran it run down the middle. Zeke touched it twice in the 2nd half. They refused to even try to stretch it with down-the-field throws. Sparty’s pass D is 11th…in the conference!

Oh well, we could tell watching that this wasn’t going to be their day. Both lines were getting blown off the ball nearly every play. It comes down to the trenches and both lines were pathetic. Add to that the dumbest play calling since Bauserball and you could feel a loss coming. Now you see the players declaring immediately after and you know their heads weren’t in it. Oh well, that’s college sports.

News
    Participant

Man dies after he was pulled from Ohio State’s Mirror Lake during traditional jump Tuesday night
    on November 25, 2015 at 10:00 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State’s annual tradition of students jumping into Mirror Lake on campus the week of the Michigan game ended early Tuesday night when a man went into cardiac arrest and was pulled from the water during the event, according to a report.

READ MORE: http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/11/mirror_lake_jump_tradition_cut.html

Viewing 12 posts - 166 through 177 (of 177 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: