Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OSU Football

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports OSU Football

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 177 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

$9M Ohio Stadium project to add seats, lights
    Kathleen Martini

The sea of scarlet and gray in the south end zone at Ohio Stadium is about to grow a little bigger for the coming season at the price of nearly $9 million.

Seating is being added to the south stands to move about 2,500 students out of the north end zone C-Deck, Dan Wallenberg, associate athletics director of communications, said in an email.

READ MORE: http://thelantern.com/2014/01/9m-ohio-stadium-project-add-seats-lights/

News
    Participant

Ohio State Football Spring Review and Fall Preview
    April 13, 2014 12:05 pm – Chris Landauer

Spring means many things around Columbus; getting the garden started, patio dining, the beginning of the Crew and Clippers’ seasons, and much more. For 61,058 fans in attendance at Ohio Stadium on this spring Saturday, it meant a preview of football season.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/ohio-state-football-spring-review-and-fall-preview

Schoolboy
    Participant

Did anyone else watch the game?

I thought the QBs looked pretty weak.

If Braxton struggles with his passing game again this year, it’s time to get a new QB coach.

Chris Landauer
    Chris Landauer
    Participant

Keep in mind that the QBs were playing behind offensive lines that had no starters on them, and were made up of guys that don’t normally play together as a unit. While Jones and Barrett didn’t look perfect, I thought they each showed potential. Each threw a couple of nice balls and they both made some good plays on the ground. They are both only redshirt freshman as well. We won’t have a guy like Kenny Guiton at backup this year, but it’s unusual to have what we had last year in our backup.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Sounding more and more like Braxton might be out for the year after re-injuring his shoulder tonight.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/08/18/braxton-miller-injury-update.html

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

that would suck, seems the Big D is all about the rumor and unidentified sources these days..

Top employees to leave FitzGerald campaign
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/08/18/fitzGerald-campaign-shake-up.html

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Huh?

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

according to sources, there used to be a day when the Big D did not print unattributed material

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Ahhh, gotcha. My bad.

RBloodworth
    Participant

Well, this season was fun while it lasted. At least I can clear my Saturday schedule for the next three months. This team is going to be AWFUL without Braxton under center. I feel terrible for everyone, Miller especially.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Well, this season was fun while it lasted. At least I can clear my Saturday schedule for the next three months. This team is going to be AWFUL without Braxton under center. I feel terrible for everyone, Miller especially.

While I’m equally gutted, slow your roll a little before you completely write them off.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

There are no sources and no indication of what the injury is or how bad it is.. yeah I think it’s a little early to write-off the entire team/season, even if he is out. With the amount of info on the dispatch right now it could be anything from a little soreness to his arm being ripped off.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’m terrified of the season now, but certainly not writing them off. The guys coming up behind Braxton are supposed to be pretty stellar.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

MRI this morning… hoping for the best.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Sounds like the announcement is coming today that he’s done for the year, according to the tweets that are starting to circulate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 177 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: