Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

O'Shaughnessey's Pub Closes

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife O'Shaughnessey's Pub Closes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

tolemac5050
    Participant

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2011/04/14/arena-district-pub-oshaughnessys.html

O’Shaughnessey’s Public House has closed according to Business First

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

wow, such a disappointment, but not a huge surprise. They had descent food and a very unique atmosphere to the area, although probably the “least talked about” bar in the district. I just hope the new owners don’t name the new bar something lame like their actual address….343 Front Street Bar….really???

Sunshiney

Maybe I’ve been there on off days, but I wasn’t a fan of the food, at all.

That’s too bad. I thought the food was OK and it was a cool place. The US Soccer Supporters had a GREAT time there in 2005 a few years later when Crew Stadium had some of the international games.

I went there often for the sole fact that they had Strongbow on tap. If a bar has cider on tap (which so few do!), you will get much money from me and my mates…

billiejean

chipotle_cowboy wrote >>
    I went there often for the sole fact that they had Strongbow on tap. If a bar has cider on tap (which so few do!), you will get much money from me and my mates…

I’ve never had SB on tap. Is it that much better?

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

chipotle_cowboy wrote >>

circus does . . .

Lakee911
    Participant

bastardsuperstar wrote >>

chipotle_cowboy wrote >>

circus does . . .

So does Brazenhead.

I like Strongbow mixed with Guiness. Yum.

Twixlen
    Participant

Lakee911 wrote >>

chipotle_cowboy wrote >>

circus does . . .

So does Brazenhead.

The black & tan w Guiness & Strongbow is a huge winner…. and last I knew, Woodland’s Tavern in Grandview had it on tap, as that’s exactly what I had the last time I was there.

L-Rag

:-( Somewhat not surprised, but sad; it was one of my favorites.

Lakee911
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>

Lakee911 wrote >>

chipotle_cowboy wrote >>

circus does . . .

So does Brazenhead.

The black & tan w Guiness & Strongbow is a huge winner…. and last I knew, Woodland’s Tavern in Grandview had it on tap, as that’s exactly what I had the last time I was there.

Black and tan with Guiness and Stronbow? Is that two parts Guiness, one part Bass and one part Strongbow? Reminds me of elementary school and ‘suicides’ with fountain drinks.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Three-Legged Mare to Replace O’Shaughnessy’s Pub
    By: Walker

O’Shaughnessy’s Pub closed their doors in the Arena District nearly six months ago, but a new tenant is now on the way. The Three-Legged Mare is the name of the new bar that will be located at 401 North Front Street, according to an email that was distributed today to area businesses.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-three-legged-mare-to-replace-oshaughnessys-pub

groundrules
    Participant

I thought the city bought O’shaugnessy’s

Tenzo
    Participant

When I walked by today the outside was being painted.
    They had a coat of primer on .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE