Messageboard - Travel

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Opinions? Louisville or Cleveland

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Travel Opinions? Louisville or Cleveland

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

I’ve got 36 hours for non-stop eating, drinking and general debauchery.

Which is the better option for such a thing?

tourist19
    Participant

Louisville.

NotaryOne

I’d go with Cleveland. Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, cool science museum next door, lunch on the lake. The USS Cod (a WWII submarine) exhibit/tour is a hundred yards away. You can catch a Tribe game and see some decent players, albeit from their opponents. Excellent art gallery too.

Then head to the Flats for some major debauchery.

NotaryOne wrote >>
    Then head to the Flats for some major debauchery.

Nothing at the flats anymore, it is essentially a land fill at the present time.

4th street is the “happening” area now if you will.

joev
    Participant

Yeah, the Flats is quiet, but the Warehouse District and Tremont are lots of fun. I vote for Cleveland every time. An extra bonus is that you won’t overhear the word, “Y’all.”

lisathewaitress
    Participant

hm. I’m gonna have to go with Louisville on this one. lots to do in walking distance, not a million choices so you can get in everything you’d like.

don’t know about debauchery, though. i was pretty well behaved when i was there. the problem with Cleveland debauchery is there are SO many douchey guys waiting to get in fights, any time you go drinking or clubbing or whatever (at least in my experience).

lisathewaitress wrote >>
    don’t know about debauchery, though. i was pretty well behaved when i was there. the problem with Cleveland debauchery is there are SO many douchey guys waiting to get in fights, any time you go drinking or clubbing or whatever (at least in my experience).

We can do without the d-bags and fighting and college knuckleheads. We’re looking for more of the drunken revelry, bar hopping, snacking on tasty bits kinda road trip. Walking distance to most everything is a huge plus.
    We don’t plan on sleeping and I believe that louisville bars are open til 4am so that might be a deciding factor.

Core_Models

lisathewaitress wrote >>
    the problem with Cleveland debauchery is there are SO many douchey guys waiting to get in fights, any time you go drinking or clubbing or whatever (at least in my experience).

Have to agree with Lisa on this one, as I have been punched in the face on more than one trip to Cleveland.

redfish-bluefish wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>

I believe that louisville bars are open til 4am so that might be a deciding factor.

They were open that late the last time I was there, was at a giant bar that had four floors and a different live band on each floor (each with a different genre). For the life of me I can’t remember what the name of the place was.

blammo
    Participant

Louisville, all the way! Always had a blast there.

*edit* i was at the bar Displaced Columbusite mentioned too, so cool. Of course, I can’t remember what it was called either.

Core_Models wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>
    the problem with Cleveland debauchery is there are SO many douchey guys waiting to get in fights, any time you go drinking or clubbing or whatever (at least in my experience).

Have to agree with Lisa on this one, as I have been punched in the face on more than one trip to Cleveland.

what’s that all about. is there a particular combative mindset in the cleve?

Okay, I think it was this place, maybe I misremembered the evening, it might not have been four floors, just a couple floors but a lot of bands/bars

http://louisville.about.com/od/fooddrink/fr/phoenixhill.htm

Displaced Columbusite wrote >>

redfish-bluefish wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>

I believe that louisville bars are open til 4am so that might be a deciding factor.

They were open that late the last time I was there, was at a giant bar that had four floors and a different live band on each floor (each with a different genre). For the life of me I can’t remember what the name of the place was.

i would like to know more of this bar of which you speak. anyone know what it might be?

EDIT- I see the above link thanks

Rastapasta

I have an apartment in Cleveland Heights and am there all the time.

I recommend Velvet Tango Room for excellent cocktails and a great atmosphere, great live jazz w/ no cover (but drinks are expensive). Lola on E.4th is Cleveland’s foodie destination currently. Also check out Momocho which has an excellent happy hour. Lunch at Tommy’s on Coventry followed by a dessert of coffee down the street at Presti’s in Little Italy. Also worth checking out Lakeview Cemetery while you’re in the neighborhood– it’s beautiful and president Garfield’s memorial tomb has a balcony with a wonderful view of the city. The art museum is undergoing a huge renovation which has their best exhibits (their far eastern collection is among the best) not on display— but it’s still worth checking out. Skip the rock and roll hall of fame; who wants to see some rockers dirty clothes and old stuff? that’s so not rock and roll. Check out a show at Night Town, an incredible jazz bar as well as an affordable bistro. Take a drive around the Chagrin Valley area (specifically River Road) to see the most amazingly beautiful country estates I’ve ever seen in America. Gamekeeper’s in Chagrin Falls is a great meal as well. Nightlife is W.6th, Tremont, Coventry, downtown is sports bars if that’s your thing. I could go on..

This all involves a lot of driving. If you want to walk, Cleveland really isn’t the place to go

Klablut

Louisville any day. Surprisingly fun and the liberal licquor laws are a bonus. It’s nice to get some dixie culture just a few hrs away from time to time. A drive off the main highway along the horse farms is pretty sweet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Travel’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: