Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Open Container Entertainment Districts

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Open Container Entertainment Districts

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think it would be great to see it in The Brewery District. Would be a boon to the reemergence of businesses down there:

• Shadowbox Live
    • World of Beer
    • Basil Thai
    • Arepazo
    • Double Happiness
    • High Line Car House
    • Vue
    • Brick

And the new Copious too:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-restaurant-event-space-and-underground-music-club-coming-to-the-brewery-district

Could be a great way to return more attention to this area and amplify what’s already going on down there.

joev
    Participant

Agreed – the Brewery District was the first place I thought of where this would help bring back a neighborhood with nightlife.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I love this idea…and not just because I can walk there :D

jtwill84
    Participant

I could see this doing very well in the Arena District, although not the Park Street portion. That is, Huntington Park and the arena. Could create a great, lively atmosphere before/after games.

derm
    derm
    Participant

I wonder if Grandview would do it. Maybe at the Yard? Can it be moved to a different place once it is designated I wonder? Grandview Ave from 1st to 3rd would make some sense but part of that is City of Columbus.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

One step closer to legit community biergartens. Let’s carve a small part out of our public parks for a beer shack that local breweries round robin each day. [/broken record rant]

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I wonder if Grandview would do it. Maybe at the Yard? Can it be moved to a different place once it is designated I wonder? Grandview Ave from 1st to 3rd would make some sense but part of that is City of Columbus.

Population wise, they would have to get a special permit I think though, right?

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Admittedly, I haven’t looked at this law closely, but my understanding is there an acreage limit for the entertainment district. Bigger cities get larger districts.

I wonder if there is a way to gerrymander the districts? For example, could the “same” open-container district cover both the arena and brewery districts, with a half-inch wide connection running down the middle of Front Street?

Not that Tom
    Not that Tom
    Participant

Should we start a survey to rank where the first Columbus drinking district will take place?

And a separate survey where the first district should take place?

I’d do it myself, but I fear I don’t have the technology / user rights on this forum.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

with a half-inch wide connection running down the middle of Front Street?

That sounds like a sobriety test.

Mike88
    Participant

Brewery District would be a great idea given that Cbus would get two areas if I was reading the info on the new law right. That could be a great way to boost that area back up a bit since it has waned over the last few years.

I still think Park Street is a shoe in for the other.

Add in that the pedal wagons can serve now and you could take a ride from one to the other on either ends of the downtown without ever sobering up, plus all outdoors! Which could actually make for a cool touristy sort of thing to do if people are visiting. Not sure that would be something the locals would do all the time but for events and out of towners that’d be a nice hook.

Pablo
    Participant

Can these districts be BYOB? Sorry if this has been covered already…

edg126
    edg126
    Participant
    welkstar
    welkstar
    Participant

Hell. Yes.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

with a half-inch wide connection running down the middle of Front Street?

That sounds like a sobriety test.

Challenge Accepted

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 245 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION