Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

bono Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining bono Pizza

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

buckette13

tobyb said:
    I have only had them a few times but the last time the dough tasted off, like it had been frozen. I assume if they are running out of dough it must be made fresh daily?

I sure hope so. In the 5xNW ‘Pizza District’ even Little Caesar’s makes its own dough from scratch everyday:

susank

We had some this evening and I have to say the crust did seem a little off. I hope they aren’t cutting corners.

Anonymous
    Inactive

From the facebooks;

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Monday, February 10th will be our last day in our current location as the property we’re in is set for more construction.

We will be closing for a brief period until settling in to a new location.

We’ll keep you posted here on Facebook and on our website… stop by tonight and tomorrow and get your bonoPIZZA fix!

catnfiddle
    Participant

CRUDBUNNIES!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Hit up Bono for dinner tonight (had not been in a while) and the place was doing a very brisk business as usual.

It sounds like they found a nice temporary location to carry them over until they get settled somewhere. I’m frankly thinking this is the best thing that could have happened to them to finally get them out of that sub-par closet they’re in now. (Jake calls it the “pizza closet”)

News
    Participant

Published on February 12, 2014 1:30 pm Edit this post
    Bono Pizza Closes and Relocates
    By: Ayana Wilson

A relationship-gone-bad with Bono’s landlord is to blame for the closing. The doubling of rent and additional bills resulted in a court battle that Jake Wilch, owner of Bono Pizza, eventually lost, and with that defeat, comes a change in venue.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/bono-pizza-closes-and-relocates-aw1

kit444
    Participant

I live in that area and I didn’t even know that bar existed. Bonus reason to check it out.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Oh yeah that bar is mostly secret unless you live in Heritage or Colony Club. I found out about it at another bar.

groundrules
    Participant

I went in there once. kinda weird place. feels like it’s half clubhouse for the apt. complex. Unless things have changed, don’t expect much of a beer list.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: