Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

bono Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining bono Pizza

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    columbusguy20
    columbusguy20
    Participant

I hope he decides to stay in 5xNW. Bono Pizza fits in perfectly with the whole vibe of the neighborhood: relaxed, laid back, unpretentious, friendly, affordable, and a hidden gem.

buckette13

Rockmastermike said:
    Jake has been looking into some options for a locational upgrade. Hopefully he’ll find one he likes and pull the trigger on moving. I also hope he doesn’t move very far. Its a major perk to this neighborhood.

Someone told me that Sparano’s Pizza across the street might be closing. I think that would be a good spot for them.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    Someone told me that Sparano’s Pizza across the street might be closing. I think that would be a good spot for them.

Speaking of which, I used to really like Sparano’s a couple years ago, had it recently and the quality has plummeted.

buckette13

They really do need to move. Last time I was at Bono the roof was leaking in places. If they are going to redevelop that carryout the owner probably is just going to let it further decline.

I had the incredible Hulk Pizza for the first time and thought is was great.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

should have gotten a pizza stand in the kroger renovation (kidding)

GCrites80s
    Participant

Yes, that Sparano’s location has closed but their other two are still open. They just weren’t making enough money there.

leftovers

Never was in Sparano’s – is there much seating? At least that location is more recognizable (compared to sharing with a carryout) though I am not a big fan of those strip malls. I wonder what rent would be? They can’t be paying much now.

GCrites80s
    Participant

That was a carryout/delivery location only. I don’t think the rent was a whole lot.

RhondaH

GCrites80s said:
    That was a carryout/delivery location only. I don’t think the rent was a whole lot.

Not much of an upgrade then, imho.

GCrites80s
    Participant

OK, I shouldn’t be laughing at this, but I’m sitting here watching “Dad’s night to handle dinner” melt down because people don’t know yet that Sparano’s shut down. Dad’s “easy button” got taken away. Guys are pulling up then walking back to the car looking pretty dejected. They should hit up bono.

I get to laugh I suppose because my easy button at Kroger didn’t work today since the part of the deli counter where I get dinner sometimes was closed today for the remodel.

I feel your pain, bros.

susank

RhondaH said:
    Not much of an upgrade then, imho.

Yeah, more indoor seating for the colder months. If it is still available they should look at the closed pizza place across the street from the Grandview library.

The quality of the Sparano’s by bono was really hit or miss. I think the woman running the ship at that branch didn’t care and it showed.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

susank said:
    Yeah, more indoor seating for the colder months. If it is still available they should look at the closed pizza place across the street from the Grandview library.

i know that spot has been looked at as a possibility. from what jake says he’s really doing his homework on finding a good location.

mrpoppinzs

Rockmastermike said:
    i know that spot has been looked at as a possibility. from what jake says he’s really doing his homework on finding a good location.

Good to hear. I also agree with the others and think that the place across the street from him would not be a good choice.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

susank said:
    The quality of the Sparano’s by bono was really hit or miss. I think the woman running the ship at that branch didn’t care and it showed.

FWIW, the quality drop I experienced was at their signature location on Trabue (although its not even in the original location either now).

tobyb

I have only had them a few times but the last time the dough tasted off, like it had been frozen. I assume if they are running out of dough it must be made fresh daily?

The store is a little hard to find and we almost gave up the first time we went looking for it. The wood burning oven is really cool (well hot) and I hope he finds a nice location with more eating room and a little more curb appeal. It is a fun place and having more space would only add to that.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: