Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

bono Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining bono Pizza

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author

GCrites80s
    Participant

Business break-ins still can happen around here. I tried to go without bars at my game store across the street and paid the price. Having the place looking all busted up and losing stock when we had only been open less than a year really hurt sales. Criminals think nothing about breaking into a business at night as compared to a home. Someone actually got through the convenience store’s old bars and they had to beef them up. It’s usually just one guy causing all the trouble. It’s tough to keep those guys away no matter the location without a 24-hour security patrol. The Hobbytown I used to work at near New Albany got broken into quite a few times.

mrpoppinzs

^ That is an eye opener, thanks

hajames66
    Participant

Looks like the project may be happening sooner rather than later. I stopped into the convenience store this evening and the shelves are nearly bare.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

vestanpance said:
    Do you think he’d still take the prepay coupons from years ago when Bill was looking for a new place? I never used mine.

Maybe you should try those at Bill’s new taco place. ;)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Anne said:
    Maybe you should try those at Bill’s new taco place. ;)

now that’s some thinking.

RhondaH

Late to the party! Jake is awesome. This is our new favorite pizza place. The three for $25 deal has become a weekend tradition.

Just be aware:
    Bono Pizza opens Wednesday through Monday from 5pm until 10pm (orders until 9:30pm or until we run out of dough — it can happen).

NOW OPEN EVERY DAY EXCEPT TUESDAY.

OPEN FOR LUNCH 11am until 2pm Thursdays/Fridays

BRING CASH!!!! no cards accepted

——————————————–

I talked to the convenience store clerk ‘Vick’, and he didn’t think it was going to be rehabbed anytime soon. I believe Jake said that long term they are looking for a new, non-strip mall location.

roy
    Participant

RhondaH said:
    Late to the party! Jake is awesome. This is our new favorite pizza place. The three for $25 deal has become a weekend tradition.

Just be aware:
    Bono Pizza opens Wednesday through Monday from 5pm until 10pm (orders until 9:30pm or until we run out of dough — it can happen).

NOW OPEN EVERY DAY EXCEPT TUESDAY.

OPEN FOR LUNCH 11am until 2pm Thursdays/Fridays

BRING CASH!!!! no cards accepted

——————————————–

I talked to the convenience store clerk ‘Vick’, and he didn’t think it was going to be rehabbed anytime soon. I believe Jake said that long term they are looking for a new, non-strip mall location.

So bono is still open at that location?

GCrites80s
    Participant

Yep it’s open, I can see it as we speak.

mrpoppinzs

They are still open. They need to work on their marketing. I also think taking credit cards is a no-brainer given the Grandview/5xNW/UA location and being pegged as foodie pizza.

Hey Jake, if you are reading this, get square!

https://squareup.com/?gclid=CNq5_ZKSxLgCFRGi4AodRgoAqA

Twixlen
    Participant

I get pie there every so often – and I’ve called at 8:30 on a Thursday night, and they’ve been out of dough – so that really does happen.

They are making a hell of a good pizza – I’d love to see them be able to get into a little traditional B & M location somewhere, get a beer/wine license, and really rock the hell out of some pies. I really hope they can make that happen.

susank

+1 They need a better location.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That pizza is so good. That’s what really matters to me. I gotta get some bungee cords so I can carry them on my bike. 3 for $25.00 for any amazing ingredient on each perfect crust. Dang.

leftovers

Out of sight, out of mind. I had forgotten of Bono. Ever since Clever Crow pulled out of Circus I have been craving good pizza. I will have to trek over there. Its location does hamper business, but I think Jake seems content with the current workload and he lives nearby.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Jake has been looking into some options for a locational upgrade. Hopefully he’ll find one he likes and pull the trigger on moving. I also hope he doesn’t move very far. Its a major perk to this neighborhood.

bucki12

It is not fair that 5xNW gets all the pizza!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: