Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

bono Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining bono Pizza

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #418009

    leftovers
    Member

    Wow…that will be a huge improvement!

    #418010

    Les Schtroumpfs
    Participant

    dru said:
    did this make the board elsewhere?
    Bill Yerkes selling bono and planning a new taco venture in the Short North:
    http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/grandview/news/2012/12/04/bonoPIZZA-owner-selling-launching-topoTACOS-in-Short-North.html

    Article says it will be open sometime in January and they hadn’t finalized a lease. Anyone heard any updates?

    #418011

    Les Schtroumpfs
    Participant

    futureman said:
    Looks like the store is in a major overhaul. Looks to be increase retail size by 2.5X AND adding a second floor with two apartments. Reading the PDF more, the apartments will be above the new retail. It will also be called Badhwar Plaza.

    http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/futureman0/bonopizza_zpsfb1009a2.png

    http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/futureman0/bonopizza2_zps8440d11b.png

    From here: http://bzs.columbus.gov/itemdetail.aspx?id=56473&pid=20698

    futureman said:
    Looks like the store is in a major overhaul. Looks to be increase retail size by 2.5X AND adding a second floor with two apartments. Reading the PDF more, the apartments will be above the new retail. It will also be called Badhwar Plaza.

    http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/futureman0/bonopizza_zpsfb1009a2.png

    http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/futureman0/bonopizza2_zps8440d11b.png

    From here: http://bzs.columbus.gov/itemdetail.aspx?id=56473&pid=20698

    That does seem like a major change. Seems like an odd time to sell. Business will surely be improved by the improved center but unless the landlord is kicking in quite a bit of cash for the remodel of BONOpizza, it could be an expensive switch.

    #418012

    leftovers
    Member

    Les Schtroumpfs said:
    That does seem like a major change. Seems like an odd time to sell. Business will surely be improved by the improved center but unless the landlord is kicking in quite a bit of cash for the remodel of BONOpizza, it could be an expensive switch.

    Since the owner works at the carryout I have to assume Bill knew about the impending renovation. The carryout seems to do good business with a lot of regulars (mostly booze, cigarettes, and lottery). My guess is that if BonoPizza stays their rent will go up…

    side note: auditor’s website shows Ravi Badhwar bought the carryout in 1994 for $180k.

    #418013
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

    maybe has something to do with the planned renovation project they are doing to the kroger behind it?

    #418014

    catnfiddle
    Participant

    Jake wasn’t aware of anything when Rockmastermike and I stopped in tonight, so it’s still a long way away from happening. OTOH, there are DESSERT PIES available here and now.

    #418015

    bucki12
    Member

    catnfiddle said:
    Jake wasn’t aware of anything when Rockmastermike and I stopped in tonight, so it’s still a long way away from happening. OTOH, there are DESSERT PIES available here and now.

    That seems like an awkward way to find out.

    #418016

    Rockmastermike
    Participant

    bucki12 said:
    That seems like an awkward way to find out.

    If I had known it would be a surprise I wouldn’t have brought it up. *sigh*

    #418017

    bucki12
    Member

    Rockmastermike said:
    If I had known it would be a surprise I wouldn’t have brought it up. *sigh*

    Not your fault, seems like Ravi should have mentioned to him something might be in the works.

    #418018

    Rockmastermike
    Participant

    bucki12 said:
    Not your fault, seems like Ravi should have mentioned to him something might be in the works.

    seriously

    #418019
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

    Do you think he’d still take the prepay coupons from years ago when Bill was looking for a new place? I never used mine.

    #418020

    futureman
    Participant

    Aside from demolishing the building and moving it next to the street, this is a huge improvement over the bunker design of the existing structure. Hopefully the 5xNW commission flexes some muscle to make it fit nicely into the neighborhood like the building at king and NW.

    It must be moving along fairly quickly if they’ve already hired an architect and submitted to the development commission.

    #418021

    Twixlen
    Participant

    Icing on the cake would be if they could get a liquor license to at least serve beer.

    #418022

    GCrites80s
    Participant

    They fenced off the Kroger lot for the Kroger expansion today as well.

    #418023

    mrpoppinzs
    Member

    Nice to see some improvements going on in 5xNW.

    With the bars on the windows and the reinforced steel door with steel backed glass it always seemed out of place in the relatively crime free area. It really did seem like a bunker. Hopefully they will extend their hours now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: