Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Out of the Closet - Planned Development at 5th & High

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Out of the Closet – Planned Development at 5th & High

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 413 total)
  • Author

enzo
    Participant

How about a Mc Donalds. HA HA HA HA HA SO KIDDING. Colonic Hydrotherapy Salon?

dru
    Participant

it’s buried in some older thread somewhere – there was a real estate posting for a 3 story mixed use office retail. nothing too exciting.

clark909

CVS? Or a nice athletic club?

myliftkk
    Participant

My understanding is that the site is slated for a condo development. At the last SNBA meeting it was said to have sold recently for 2.1m.

Big_Ben wrote That gas station had one of the highest shoplifting and robbery rates in the city before it closed from what I had heard from a former employee there. It is a great location but it will have to have increased security if it plans to reopen after reconstruction.

You know someone who worked there WHOA!

enzo
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New Short North Development to House AIDS Healthcare Foundation Offices, Thrift Store & Medical Center:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-short-north-development-to-house-aids-healthcare-foundation-offices-thrift-store-medical-center

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

bummer.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Why a bummer? Mixed-use. Thrift store.

I imagine some people wanted to see apartments…

Sethgc
    Participant

Just hope it is 3 stories to match the scale of the other three corners. Hopefully they’ll have drawings out soon…

Rockmastermike
    Participant

that was a clever choice to revive the 4 year old thread instead of creating a new one, historic continuity.

it’ll sure be nice to see that spot in use.

heresthecasey
    Participant

The design and how many floors this is will be critical… It could be a great addition in both program and building form, or just in program.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Walker said:
    Why a bummer? Mixed-use. Thrift store.

I imagine some people wanted to see apartments…

No I’m sure it’s going to be helpful and for a good cause yadda yadaa. But I was hoping for a middle west spirits expansion… Or another form of boozy place. That corner has some good things going on in that demographic.

BuenaVista

I thought this area was turning the corner? An Aids place, thrift store, and medical center sound like things for low income people. Not at all impressed. God what wasted space.

Cookie

BuenaVista said:
    God what wasted space.

I agree. You could have just not posted.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 413 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: