Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hubbard Grill - Old Rosendales/Details space in Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hubbard Grill – Old Rosendales/Details space in Short North

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 206 total)
  • Author

Zooky
    Participant

Unsure if posted already but HG has this cool function where you get your own keg at a table, and basically serve yourself and a group beer from a tap somehow…. was there NYE and someone mentioned it, didn’t get a chance to go take a look

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

You don’t think it’s too subtle, Marty, you don’t think people are going to drive down and not see the sign?

KyleEzell

Bold and awesome. We need MANY more experiments like this throughout Columbus. This is a placemaker sign if I have ever seen one. Kudos. Excellent!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I love it too. We need more neon signs here!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Nice!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I know it doesn’t affect me personally, I just feel bad for everybody in the Greystone who suddenly discovered they’re living across the street from the Heartbreak Hotel.

JonMyers
    Participant

The sign looks fantastic. I love it.

Core_Models

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I think it’s a good sign if you’re a hard-boiled private detective whose office is on the second or third floor, and maybe your AM radio is always playing a smokey jazz saxophone solo.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I was surprised that they’d turned it off by 6am, though. I was kind of hoping maybe they’d leave it on all the time, and during the times they were open maybe the phrase “BAR & GRILLE” could blink. Maybe an animated martini glass with an olive in it or something.

cyclist II
    Participant

The sign rules. Very good.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

The steel cable patio handrail looks pretty diy though….

cyclist II
    Participant

DIY was in, in like 2008.

AmyArt21
    Participant

I wish they had paid as much attention to their smashed potatoes as they did to their sign :(

I had dinner with friends there last Thursday night, we were seated by the windows on the North side of the building. The tomato soup was yummy and the fries I stole from my friend’s basket were also great. Smashed potatoes were a bit bland, unfortunately.

I didn’t get a chance to explore the whole space (it’s huge!) – are there lower tables besides just the high bar-type ones?

I generally liked the ambience, even though this isn’t the type of place I would typically hang out at. This might sound silly, but the ladies’ restroom was super nice. I like the stalls that go almost down to the floor, as well as the music in the restroom so you don’t really have to listen to anyone else to their business, haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 206 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER