Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Old RJ Snapper's = Level Dining Lounge

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Old RJ Snapper’s = Level Dining Lounge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>
    Well, if the conversation is steering towards stealing business ideas, then maybe we should bring up the fact that RGB’s flagship Union/Union Cafe concept was taken from a gay bar in Chicago known as Side Track. Just sayin’!

Yes, they were clearly stealing business from Side Track. Sheesh.

Virtually all restaurant/bar concepts are derivative. Get over it already.

A.

btw – why does the url for this thread say ‘old-rigsbys-level …’?

That space was never Rigsby’s.

A.

JonMyers
    Participant

@andrew – totally agree. The bottom line is serving and consuming food and drink. It seems hard to not be a derivative of something.

Andrew Hall wrote >>

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>
    Well, if the conversation is steering towards stealing business ideas, then maybe we should bring up the fact that RGB’s flagship Union/Union Cafe concept was taken from a gay bar in Chicago known as Side Track. Just sayin’!

Yes, they were clearly stealing business from Side Track. Sheesh.
    Virtually all restaurant/bar concepts are derivative. Get over it already.
    A.

I was referring to the Katzingers/Zingerman analogy posted earlier when I mentioned Side Track and Union. And as the volume of business may not be the same between Side Track and Union, the point still stands that Union stole a concept. I really don’t care. They only reason for posting this was to identify that Level, if they are “copying” a concept, they are doing so from a hypocrite.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    btw – why does the url for this thread say ‘old-rigsbys-level …’? That space was never Rigsby’s.

The person who started the thread had it mixed up. The thread title was changed, but the URL wasn’t updated.

marco

Frankly, I’m glad to see some competition. Should make everyone strive to be better, right?

And to be honest, I was disappointed with the move from Union Station to Union. Was told multiple times before Union Station ‘closed’ for the remodel to East Village, that they would keep the old USVC menu in place there. Which my partner and I enjoyed. We were regulars on Sunday night with other friends at USVC, and really miss it. (Yes, I know that Union has Showtunes.) Once EV reopened, we went twice, was not the same, and even the pizza was awful (Frozen pizza was better). As we can see, EV is closed. We even went to Union, once, looked at the menu and walked out. Didn’t have the same atmosphere nor anything that seemed appealing. I could say that my partner is a picky person when it comes to food, but for personal taste, we preferred the USVC menu, and wish they would have left that part alone, even if it was at EV.

Not sure what Level will bring to the table, but I wish them well, and Welcome to the Neighborhood. BTW, the outside of the building looks Fab!!

Coreroc

yeah the storefront does look very much improved. Upon reflection I’m not sure anything willbe better than the old 700 club in that location. I can still picture the old motorcycle hanging from the ceiling and the first short north young democrats meetings.

MTBUSH

All Drama aside, I went in lastnight for dinner and the place is HOT!. The food was really good.

JonMyers
    Participant

Is it open then?

Coreroc

No it was a friends and family event that was invite only last night, MT just happens to be part of both families!

shmack

akshully, yes, as of 11am this morning, level is open.

just in time for pride! they will be packed…..

Coreroc

So on a side note I thought was really funny in respect to the trade secret drama from the Rajesh camp. On his facebook last week he stated that he was headed to New York for “Menu Research” amongst other things. Pot calling the Kettle “Gay” ?????

On another note I ate at Level this weekend during the hop. The environment was very interesting and as diverse as they come. From families to drag queens the place was bustling, but service was up to speed and the staff was extra polite. The food was delish and I will say that they have the best sweet potatoe fries with what they call marshmello sauce that has a sweet cinnamon twist to it. I am still wanting more of those fries.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I stopped by Level for the first time Saturday night as well. Place looked incredible inside and was pretty packed, but I had great, very friendly service too. We sat upstairs in the lounge area and it was quite cool being able to look out over the whole restaurant.

It’s not exactly my scene (loud music, pink lights, and kind of a Zola vibe inside), but if you’re into that sort of thing, it’s extremely well done.

Agree also about the crowd, very very diverse, everyone enjoying themselves.

Doubt it’ll be a regular stop for me, but I was really impressed and I’ll definitely be back from time to time.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: