Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Old North Arcade

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Old North Arcade

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Yo?

Yo mama.

GCrites80s
    Participant

She sits AROUND the house!

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Parking will make or break them.

A parking variance is required, as the business only has three parking spaces in back, though the owners have secured a parking arrangement with the nearby Crosby Drugs and Ace Hardware stores for after-hours parking lot usage.

This place is technically closer to me but if it’s a hassle to get to then I’d rather go out of my way to get to 16-bit. Anyone in the area knows once Hound Dogs and Ace of Cups lots are filled, it’s murder getting street parking at night.

I really doubt parking will break them, for the very reasons you cite above. Parking is already very limited in the area, yet many of the establishments in the UD thrive on foot traffic regardless. Old North Arcade should do fine.

Plus there is always the bus.

ECDIohio
    Participant

Nice update on Old North Arcade, per The Metropreneur. They plan to be open in May. We are excited to have them be a part of the ECDI family!

http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/old-north-arcade-fresh-spin-popular-pasttime-ready-serve-old-north-neighborhood/

News
    Participant

First Look: Old North Arcade
    June 3, 2015 3:44 pm – Walker Evans

This Friday, the Old North Arcade will officially open its doors to retro video game enthusiasts looking for a new entertainment option in the neighborhood. Owner Ben Morgan described the venue as being a bar first and foremost, with the video arcade cabinets functioning as a fun and casual entertainment piece. The shotgun-style building that formerly housed the Sunflower Natural Foods store has been completely gutted, exposing the walls and high ceilings.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-old-north-arcade

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Looks like 16bit and I don’t just mean the retro arcade machines ay lmao.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Owner Ben Morgan:

OneBagTravel
    Participant

LOL^

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE