Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Old North Arcade

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Old North Arcade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Old North Arcade Planned in Old North Columbus
    November 5, 2014 11:52 am – Walker Evans

Nothing goes together like beer and video games. That’s what the team behind Old North Arcade is banking on, as they have formally applied last month for zoning and parking variance changes to open their new bar and arcade business at 2591 North High Street, in the former Sunflower Natural Foods space.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/old-north-arcade-planned-in-old-north-columbus

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Is columbus big enough for TWO free-to-play barcades???

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This would be the third. Don’t forget about Ethyl & Tank! ;)

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/ethyl-tank

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Ah, someone told me Ethyl & Tank was coin operated. Those fibbers.

tk3000
    Participant

The renascence of the old arcade geared up towards nostalgia and bar entertainment is fairly interesting. I am into vintage computer, console, and arcade games. Also have developed games in the far away past. I heard that Columbus have an arcade museum, but it seems to open to the public once in a while; any impressions about the arcade museum? Are there any computer museum in Columbus as well (maybe located in a college campus)?

Ben
    Participant

16-Bit hasn’t exactly been struggling. “Nobody goes there, it’s too crowded.” The market isn’t saturated yet.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ah, someone told me Ethyl & Tank was coin operated. Those fibbers.

I haven’t been, but Nick Dekker (Mr. Breakfast with Nick) said in his review that the games were set to free-play. Not sure if it’s changed, or if that is only set during certain times.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Very excited for this and the Babas announcement. The UD is the most densely populated neighborhood in Columbus so I don’t think that they will have a problem. This is my fourth day of living in my newly purchased Old North home and these announcements have verified that decision. IMO momentum is in Old North’s favor.

@Walker- Can we get a Old North – News & Updates

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Or you can just play them all in your browser

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

Edit* I love me some tapper

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Parking will make or break them.

A parking variance is required, as the business only has three parking spaces in back, though the owners have secured a parking arrangement with the nearby Crosby Drugs and Ace Hardware stores for after-hours parking lot usage.

This place is technically closer to me but if it’s a hassle to get to then I’d rather go out of my way to get to 16-bit. Anyone in the area knows once Hound Dogs and Ace of Cups lots are filled, it’s murder getting street parking at night.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

GeeDee
    Participant

Parking will make or break them.

That’s the first thing I thought. Parking sucks around there, not the best location.

I also don’t consider Ethyl & Tank a barcade (or whatever). More like a bar that happens to have a handful of games.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

You can sit at home and drink alone too. ;)

It’s all about the social gathering, yo!

GCrites80s
    Participant

Yo?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It’s short for FroYo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE