Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Crafty Pint — Old Hoggy's / Gallo's Location at 161 & Linworth

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Crafty Pint — Old Hoggy's / Gallo's Location at 161 & Linworth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

Anybody know what’s going in there? It was a Hoggy’s forever (the original?) and then briefly Gallo’s Tap Room tried BBQ there. Looks like there’s some activity lately, but no signage yet.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Typed the address into Google and found this:

Transfer Type: D1, D3, D6 To: Crafty Pint LLC 2234 W Dublin Granville Rd Columbus OH 43085 From: Gallos Pit BBQ LLC DBA Gallos Pit BBQ & Patios 2234 W Dublin Granville Rd Columbus OH 43085

https://columbus.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=1658200&GUID=9765BD91-8111-4D22-8308-97598EFBE5A9&Options=&Search=&FullText=1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So, is Crafty Pint going to be a growler shop or a brewpub? ;)

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

The new sign was up last night when the wife drove by, but I imagine they have a lot of work to do before it opens.

Cbusbill
    Participant

I was disappointed to see Gallo didn’t even last a year in the space…I enjoyed their food the couple of times I ate there, but had to admit the prices were too high for me to be a regular (ex. $26 for a rack of ribs). I was curious to see if they could carve out a niche, given the bounty of good BBQ joints around town…alas, no. I look forward to the next incarnation of this spot…

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

I wish Hoggy’s would come back. Whoever bought Pig Iron turned it into a lame pub-grub place. Aside from City BBQ, there is not much left on the northside for serious BBQ.

duncanfj
    Participant

I wish Hoggy’s would come back. Whoever bought Pig Iron turned it into a lame pub-grub place. Aside from City BBQ, there is not much left on the northside for serious BBQ.

Ray Ray’s?

gretchenraine
    Participant

The sign says ‘The Crafty Pint: Eat, Drink, Be Crafty’ so I assume it will be a full restaurant and not just a bar-bar.

I miss Hoggy’s so bad! I liked Gallo’s Pit BBQ, I think I went 4 times or so.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

If you miss Hoggy’s, just stop in Johnny Buccelli’s on Bethel Rd. There is a Hoggy’s inside, with a little bit of a stripped down menu, but still really good.

LK
    Participant

Looks like next Monday is their opening day based on the sign out front.

fidlerre
    Participant

Evidently news from another sites tells me it’ll be a craft brew place with 40+ brews on tap and a selection of food – said it’s owned by the folks that own Rude Dog here in town. I’ll give it a few weeks to percolate out all the kinks but plan to try it out since its basically in our backyard. Fingers crossed…

Koreo
    Participant

Hey folks. I frequent the forums and happen to stumble across this. We’re finally open. 40 Beers on tap (Mostly local to Columbus and Ohio) and out of this world menu items.

Stop by and try it out sometime. You won’t be disappointed.

P.S. Ask for Adam.

fidlerre
    Participant

Koreo – Is there a FB, Twitter or website coming along for the new spot? As a resident of Brookside just down the road we’re very eager to stop in and give it a try. Always love a local place with lots of brew…

Koreo
    Participant

Yes indeed. Here is the facebook

https://www.facebook.com/craftypint.net?fref=ts

And the website http://www.craftypint.net is still in the works.

AmyJ
    Participant

My son and I had dinner there tonight and it was GOOD. We shared the honey bourbon wings (perfectly charred and a nice, not too sweet sauce), pork tacos (giant and tasty!), and the pork pot skins which fulfilled my stuffed potato skin craving – especially nice with the sriracha sour cream. For dessert we split the warm apple pie with bourbon vanilla ice cream, bourbon caramel, and crushed Fireball candies.

The decor is great and I loved all the extra touches on the table — airplane whiskey bottle salt & pepper shakers, bandanas for napkins, Trivial Pursuit cards at each table. It was really well done.

I didn’t try out the beer/cocktail menu since my dinner companion was only 13, but the rumblings I heard from other tables made it sound like there were some great options.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE