Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Old 40 Tavern

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Old 40 Tavern

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Raoul Duke
    Participant

Here’s a new, good little Bar & Grill to check out on the East side. It’s across from the Top on Main (a few blocks west of James, where Bexley Bistro used to be). One of the owner’s used to manage the Round Bar, and they remodeled the space themselves. He said the bar was made from the bowling alley salvaged from Main Lanes. It’s got a great neighborhood feel and much better than average bar food. The beer selection is limited, no draft, but they did have Rogue Dead Guy & some imports. The fish & chips ($8) and Reuben ($6) were both good. Soups looked good and they just added wings now that they have a 2nd fryer. The type of neighborhood spot you hope makes it, check it out next time you are out East.

Amanda Bauer

I’m a big fan of Old 40. The drinks are as strong as they used to be at the ill-fated Round Bar. I haven’t been there to eat, the kitchen closes at 10 PM, but I’ll go out of my to have a drink there. I hope that it sticks around for a while.

kit444
    Participant

I had the buffalo chicken sandwich last week. It was good. There’s a nice patio too.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

my wife and i have been meaning to try this place but just havent yet. will definitely have to after the good reviews. i loved the Round Bar…R.I.P.

Columbusite

It’s good to hear there’s a nice bar-restaurant in Eastmoor, which unfortunately has the unenviable reputation as being the other crappy side of E Main. But really, the neighborhood is not so bad overall and this is a nice addition to the handful of existing destinations[/url]. It’s a bit far, but it’s definitely bikeable…

dsigner
    Participant

Good to know about, thanks for sharing. As for sharing new places… make sure you try Skillet, new(ish) in German Village on Whittier. “Urban rustic”… cool yummy menu.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

dsigner wrote >>
    Good to know about, thanks for sharing. As for sharing new places… make sure you try Skillet, new(ish) in German Village on Whittier. “Urban rustic”… cool yummy menu.

I think Skillet is pretty firmly established on the scene now…annnnnd if you can’t make it to GV or want a Skillet fix in the evening, they have a mobile truck at O’Reilley’s auto parts in Cville on Thursdays. :)

dsigner
    Participant

Ok fine. I’m behind the times ;) Just trying to rep my hood.

hivner1

Is this the old “Stop 40”

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

dsigner wrote >>
    Ok fine. I’m behind the times ;) Just trying to rep my hood.

And you are doing a DAMN FINE job sir! Carry on. :)

BCNation
    Participant

When I first saw the name of the thread, I thought that it was like in Galloway, West Jeff, Reynoldsburg, or somewhere far from the central city.

Raoul Duke
    Participant

hivner1 wrote >>
    Is this the old “Stop 40”

It’s the old Bexley Bistro across from the Top, Don’t know what it was before that.

Raoul Duke
    Participant

Old 40 has some really good onion rings. I can’t place the seasoning they use in the breading & they won’t tell me what it is (cayenne and something more). I know the foodies here like a challenge so if someone can identify what it is I would like to know.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

going there this weekend. looking forward to trying it out.

cyclist II
    Participant

Is this the same as “Stop 40”? Also, does anyone want to check out Silent Woman with me?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE