Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Oil Free Vegan Dining

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Oil Free Vegan Dining

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

James
    Participant

I see lots of vegan dining options around town, but most all of these are fairly reliant on vegetable oils. I see tons of olive oil & canola which I’d prefer to avoid. Are there any restaurants that have solid dining options (not just a side salad) that are free of (or very low in) oil?

No preachiness here, I’m just looking for restaurants that serve some good whole food / plant strong type options.

SusanB
    Participant

Cafe Bella has the “no oil” method down. I’ll find out who else has been “trained” on serving that group.

Wellness Forum Foods will cater and deliver, and they have some options available on site during their operating hours. They sell their products at the Clintonville Community Coop which is open till 10pm most if not all nights. Delivery to stock their items at the Coop is on Thursday nights after 7 pm. I’m particularly fond of Del’s oven baked tofu and the BBQ tofu. He makes several other items, such as wraps, and a spicy thai noodle, but the tofu is my favorite. He uses Spring Creek which is a regional product that is organically produced/non GMO and no hexane.
    http://www.wellnessforumfoods.com/

arualpalm
    Participant

James, thanks for starting this topic. I find that a lot of vegetarian/vegan food is heavy in oil.

We love LOVIN HUT, but you still have to watch their food. A good portion of it is fried, which naturally requires oil.

Here is the feedback I received from my oil free source on restaurants that are accustomed to accommodating an oil free, plant-based meal:
    “Hyde Park (order salad without the animal products- baked potatoes and vegetable sides without oils and toppings)
    North Star
    Alanas
    Lindey’s
    Sushi En
    Basil
    Refectory”

They wanted to convey that: “It is important for people to converse with their waiter and ask questions in order to make sure that the food is oil-free. Since we have members in 33 countries, and many of our Columbus members travel a lot, we try to focus programming on teaching skills that can be applied anywhere.”

James
    Participant

Red Sun Rising said:
    Here is the feedback I received from my oil free source on restaurants that are accustomed to accommodating an oil free, plant-based meal:
    “Hyde Park (order salad without the animal products- baked potatoes and vegetable sides without oils and toppings)
    North Star
    Alanas
    Lindey’s
    Sushi En
    Basil
    Refectory”

They wanted to convey that: “It is important for people to converse with their waiter and ask questions in order to make sure that the food is oil-free. Since we have members in 33 countries, and many of our Columbus members travel a lot, we try to focus programming on teaching skills that can be applied anywhere.”

Tremendous – thanks for the info. There are restaurants on the list I wouldn’t have expected to see.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: