Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio will not establish state-run health insurance exchange

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Ohio will not establish state-run health insurance exchange

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #504190
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Graybeak said:
    1st, I wasn’t wishing ill on anyone. Just thought it looked like she had some work done. That ultra surprised, slightly swollen look.

    Didn’t think you were.

    She could look worse, though, ya know? Better slightly swollen than surprised skeletor.

    #504191

    Graybeak
    Participant

    rus said:
    Didn’t think you were.

    She could look worse, though, ya know? Better slightly swollen than surprised skeletor.

    I have seen her look better.

    Heaven help me, my first thought on seeing that pic above was Eric Stoltz as Rocky Dennis in Mask.

    #504192
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Graybeak said:
    I have seen her look better.

    Heaven help me, my first thought on seeing that pic above was Eric Stoltz as Rocky Dennis in Mask.

    Owww… can’t say she looks THAT bad. Heck, not really bad at all, even with a bit of the surprised look.

    #504193

    ToddAnders
    Blocked

    Obama, we’re so sorry! *hands in the air, asking for fogiveness*

    Please set up our healthcare, utilities, housing and paychecks for us. We’ll be good, I promise!

    #504194

    kit444
    Participant

    Patch said:
    Out of curiosity, what will be the difference if the Feds implement the exchange/plan vs. if the State does?

    Does it really matter?

    Probably not, although a state probably has more control and flexibility over the exchange if it sets it up on its own. However, for a Republican administration this is probably the only politically viable approach if it wants to maintain it opposes Obamacare. No one will remember if the State or the Feds set the exchange up at the end of the day.

    #504195

    kit444
    Participant

    ToddAnders said:
    Obama, we’re so sorry! *hands in the air, asking for fogiveness*

    Please set up our healthcare, utilities, housing and paychecks for us. We’ll be good, I promise!

    Nice to see hyperbole is bipartisan.

    #504196
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    kit444 said:
    Probably not, although a state probably has more control and flexibility over the exchange if it sets it up on its own.

    So, for those in favor of Federal control over health insurance as much as possible this sounds like a good thing.

    #504197

    kit444
    Participant

    rus said:
    So, for those in favor of Federal control over health insurance as much as possible this sounds like a good thing.

    It doesn’t matter to me who runs the exchange. Control in this sense is, as I understand it, who establishes the regulatory framework for how these markets will work. This is the aspect of the law that I’m most curious and most hopeful about. I’d like to see a health insurance marketplace that is more consumer than employer-oriented. I feel like the employer based model disconnects consumers from the true costs of their health care and removes the motivation for them to be cost efficient and savvy consumers.

    #504198

    ehill27
    Participant

    “we have made a decision that we do not think it is in the best interest of Ohio citizens to do a state-based exchange at this point.” -Lt. Gov. Taylor

    Interesting approach from the “states rights” folks.

    #504199

    Twixlen
    Participant

    ehill27 said:
    “we have made a decision that we do not think it is in the best interest of Ohio citizens to do a state-based exchange at this point.” -Lt. Gov. Taylor

    Interesting approach from the “states rights” folks.

    That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. Ironic that they *want* the federal government to do their jobs on this one.

    #504200

    GCrites80s
    Participant

    ToddAnders said:
    Obama, we’re so sorry! *hands in the air, asking for fogiveness*

    Please set up our healthcare, utilities, housing and paychecks for us. We’ll be good, I promise!

    People who attempt to reduce the level of discourse to a 6th grade level don’t make forums better places.

    #504201
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Twixlen said:
    That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. Ironic that they *want* the federal government to do their jobs on this one.

    Makes a sort of sense. Can’t stop it, so why help it? Just wash your hands as much as you can and walk away.

    #504202
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    kit444 said:
    Nice to see hyperbole is bipartisan.

    His is funny at least.

    #504203

    lakeerietransplant
    Participant

    ToddAnders said:
    Obama, we’re so sorry! *hands in the air, asking for fogiveness*

    Please set up our healthcare, utilities, housing and paychecks for us. We’ll be good, I promise!

    +1

    #504204

    pilsner
    Participant

    Looks to me like the Republicans don’t want competition in the health insurance marketplace.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE