Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio to ban pit bulls

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Ohio to ban pit bulls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 148 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

Don’t think I’ve ever met a dog I didn’t like. Wish I could say the same for humans.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Merc!!! Thanks for making me get all sniffly cry :cry:

That 4th one down could be Zina’s brother if he had a little more red in his coat, right down to the white patch on the chest!!! Awwwww

WildmanDan

I was at Bodega and a girl brought in a young (4-6 weeks) that she brought in that she saved as runt of the litter and everyone loved him. A good owner raising a good dog. So before all you jump on your pedestal, let me explain. I am from the rural area of Northwest Ohio that everyone forgets, Williams County, etc. We have had all types of purebreds, mutts, and everything else you could imagine. I have in my childhood been chased, attacked, loved, ignored, etc. by just about every breed and mutt you could think of. Some owners trained for attack/guard/etc., others just normal farm/shepherd dogs. But even our non trained mutt lunged at someone she never did before and we found out later his family was skimming money from the farmers at the grain mill we used. Wow, the dog was smarter than us or the authorities who eventually prosecuted them. Long post, I know, but a old rural Ohio Resident sounding in after seeing a cute pit bull puppy with a loving owner and everyone at Bodega loving him.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

One of the nicest pits I’ve seen in a long time was outside Sherm’s house in the “hood” the night of the bike art show.

WildmanDan

I have seen all types of dogs nasty, even little dogs, the funniest being the little terrier my maternal grandmother had that only her/my father/and me could pick up because she bit everyone else. Hmm, why us besides grandma she minded. Maybe because she knew we wouldn’t take her crap. I walk through Goodale Park every day and on one instance I had a owner with a bulldog who I petted who wanted my attention say he was through walking him because he never saw him approach someone. Sorry again for the long posts, but I just have been around dogs all my life and miss them in the city ( I want a bigger dog and would die to keep him/her in a apartment). Owners are the problems folks, not the animals. They are domesticated and it is all how we raise/train/treat them. Good owners-good pets-bad owners-bad pets seems a pretty easy equation in my book. Prosecute the owners, rescue the dogs.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

You think that would be common sense.

Then again we live in a country where burning your self with hot coffee can result in a multi-million dollar settlement. :roll:

Cookie

lifeontwowheels wrote Then again we live in a country where burning your self with hot coffee can result in a multi-million dollar settlement. :roll:

OK, that’s the second time in the past few days that someone has dimissively reffered to this case. I’m thinking you don’t really have all the facts.

Daz
    Participant

Cookie wrote

lifeontwowheels wrote Then again we live in a country where burning your self with hot coffee can result in a multi-million dollar settlement. :roll:

OK, that’s the second time in the past few days that someone has dimissively reffered to this case. I’m thinking you don’t really have all the facts.

The quality of coffee dropped everywhere that day (anyone who knows anything about coffee knows that proper brewing temp is around 190).

Cookie

Daz wrote The quality of coffee dropped everywhere that day (anyone who knows anything about coffee knows that proper brewing temp is around 190).

The issue was the temperature at which the coffee was served, not brewed. McDonald’s cooks their french fries in hot oil, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting third-degree burns from their fries.

Bear
    Participant

Daz wrote

Cookie wrote

The quality of coffee dropped everywhere that day (anyone who knows anything about coffee knows that proper brewing temp is around 190).

Brewing, yes, exactly. I’ve even heard a little higher, around 195. But nothing says they have to serve it that hot.

Edit — she types faster than I do, apparently.

Daz
    Participant

Cookie wrote

Daz wrote The quality of coffee dropped everywhere that day (anyone who knows anything about coffee knows that proper brewing temp is around 190).

The issue was the temperature at which the coffee was served, not brewed. McDonald’s cooks their french fries in hot oil, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting third-degree burns from their fries.

That’s because you don’t get a full cup of 355 degree vegetable oil with your fries.

I understand your point, but that’s an awful comparison.

Cookie

Daz wrote That’s because you don’t get a full cup of 355 degree vegetable oil with your fries.

I don’t think so at all. There’s no reason that a food or beverage has to be served at the temperature it’s prepared at.

Except pit bulls, which taste awful when they get cold.

Daz
    Participant

Cookie wrote

Daz wrote That’s because you don’t get a full cup of 355 degree vegetable oil with your fries.

I don’t think so at all. There’s no reason that a food or beverage has to be served at the temperature it’s prepared at.

Except pit bulls, which taste awful when they get cold.

No, it really is, because they try to serve their fries as quickly as possible once they have been removed from the grease… There is no “cool down” time. They just get removed from the grease they’re cooked in. That’s like saying the coffee got served with the hot plate.

And agreed, Pit bull gets so tough so quickly, but if you marinate it with the tears of dog lovers for at least 3 hours before hand, it works out really nicely.

Bear
    Participant

Daz wrote And agreed, Pit bull gets so tough so quickly, but if you marinate it with the tears of dog lovers for at least 3 hours before hand, it works out really nicely.

Don’t forget to serve with an appropriate sauce.

CaD

i’m pro banning pits

i think they are ugly to start with, and seriously…who needs a pit, just get a cute dog like everyone else…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 148 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: