Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio to ban pit bulls

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Ohio to ban pit bulls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Author

lifeliberty
    Participant

i got between both dogs and was yelling at the pit very loudly and forcibly. I had life by his coller and kept him behind my back. at that point I wasn’t really thinking and just going on instinct. I’d rather the pit bite me than Life, there was no doubt in my mind at that point. Life would not get bit again. the pit kept trying to circle and go around me to get to Life but I’d swing around with Life still behind me and be between then yelling NO, STOP GET BACK NOW, angrily and agressively, I really didn’t care at that point, and it wasn’t a small pit either, I’d never seen anything get through a chain link fence like that before, it was surreal.

we kept backing away from the dog/owners yard and the yelling got the old lady to come out and try to call her son’s dog in, eventually we backed far enough away and the lady got the dog back in the house.

Ndcent

so you didn’t rip it’s limbs off or jaw open? :(

lifeliberty
    Participant

btw, I tend to not be so afraid of dogs you can’t pet while standing up(saint bernards on the other hand…), and I have no problem kicking a dog in the neck if it is coming at me.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Ndcent wrote so you didn’t rip it’s limbs off or jaw open? :(

no, but it did encourage me to speed up me getting my CCW.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

bb wrote Lifeliberty – you have hit the nail on the head. No reason to own one other than the fact that you enjoy owning a dog with that type of reputation. To me, nothing could be more ignorant or selfish. Let’s put others in danger purley to satisfy our own selfish needs. Makes a lot of sense. Pretty much what I expect in this “Me First” society we’re becoming.

Actually, that’s exactly the opposite reason most people I know who have pits own them. The fact that they are euthanized before almost every other breed makes them ideal for someone who wants to truly rescue a dog,

To me, nothing could be more ignorant then insisting that a particular breed of dog puts you in danger and then stereotyping all owners of said breed with a giant broad stroke.

In fact, I’d give people a lot more credit for a lack of ignorance by not believing “that type of reputation”.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote

I also love this fat little chihuahua that’s sleeping on my leg right now

He prefers the term “burrito-shaped”

lifeliberty
    Participant

the people giving the dog a bad reputation are attracted to the dog because it has the bad reputation, I guess I should have stipulated.

I don’t like akitas either, One tore a hole in Life’s side by biting his back as they were running at Goodale park. that needed stitches.

Angel

why did you name your dog life?

my brother’s roommate has two pits. i would not be around them if the owner wasn’t around.

this girl i know from high school got her face bit off from one pit bull that she knew and was sleeping on the couch next too. it was her friend’s dog.

pixlfarmer

A few years back my wife and I adopted a pitt mutt from the animal shelter. I didn’t know it at the time, mostly because I didn’t even know what a pitt looked like. She came with all sorts of issues of course, mostly because she spent the majority of her first 1 1/2 years in a little cage. After lots of work and discipline, she is an excellent dog. She is eerily smart (understands at least a dozen words) she’s incredibly athletic and very cuddly. She will even balance a milkbone on her nose, then toss it up to catch it on command. After having her for the past 2+ years I would not be opposed to getting a purebred pitt if one needed a home, though I honestly would probably rather rescue another mutt.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Angel

oh good lord.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote I don’t like akitas either, One tore a hole in Life’s side by biting his back as they were running at Goodale park. that needed stitches.

Actually, that is a breed I have yet to meet a nice one of, now that you mention it.

BTW, as mentioned earlier…a lot of people don’t even know a pit when they see one.

ie.

NOT a pitbull:

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Awww…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

:lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 148 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: