Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio Governor's Race 2014

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Ohio Governor's Race 2014

Viewing 13 posts - 241 through 253 (of 253 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Plain Dealer Threatens To Sue Plunderbund Over John Kasich Video
    by Joseph on October 28, 2014

We felt the video was important and so, after they removed it, we posted a short clip of it online. Today we received an email from the PD/NEO Media Group threatening to sue us if we did not take down the video. In the letter, Chris Quinn, Vice President of Content, claims we “illegally copied” the video – which they had posted publicly online before abruptly removing it.

READ MORE: http://www.plunderbund.com/2014/10/28/plain-dealer-threatens-to-sue-plunderbund-over-john-kasich-video/

News
    Participant

We Found You That Double Supersecret Video Of John Kasich Being An Asshat
    by Doktor Zoom
    Oct 29 3:17 pm 2014

Yesterday we brought you the odd story of the Disappearing John Kasich Video, in which we learned that the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s corporate overlords, Northeast Ohio Media Group, (call ‘em “NEOMG,” because “Ni! OMG!” is fun to say) had removed a video of its editorial board meeting with Ohio gubernatorial candidates for an endorsement interview.

READ MORE: http://wonkette.com/564760/we-found-you-double-supersecret-video-john-kasich-being-asshat

News
    Participant

Final Poll Predicts Big Win For Kasich
    November 3, 2014
    by Karen Kasler

The last poll before Election Day 2014 projects a win in the governor’s race for Republican incumbent John Kasich over Democratic challenger Ed FitzGerald 62 percent to 38 percent.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2014/11/03/final-poll-predicts-big-win-kasich-1/

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

24 percentage points would be about the margin that Strickland thumped Blackwell in ’06.

FunkBrothers
    Participant

The voting results could be as bad as Voinovich defeating Burch back in 1994.

I voted for Kasich. He has been a good governor for Ohio with the only exception being his support on Medicaid expansion.

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

I voted for Kasich. He has been a good governor for Ohio with the only exception being his support on Medicaid expansion.

Kasich is a good governor? Really? By what measure?

All I see is man in search of a crown and a coronation, yet this would-be emperor has no clothes. He’s the worst kind of politician, purely driven by service to his own ego, with no regard whatsoever for public service or the common good of the people in Ohio, and for the future of this state and its cities.

His overinflated presidential ambitions will render him a lame duck even before his second term officially begins.

Honestly, what’s the point? With up to two years of posturing for that shit, why even have an Ohio governor?

DavidF
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FunkBrothers wrote:</div>

Kasich is a good governor? Really? By what measure?

All I see is man in search of a crown and a coronation, yet this would-be emperor has no clothes. He’s the worst kind of politician, purely driven by service to his own ego, with no regard whatsoever for public service or the common good of the people in Ohio, and for the future of this state and its cities.

His overinflated presidential ambitions will render him a lame duck even before his second term officially begins.

Honestly, what’s the point? With up to two years of posturing for that shit, why even have an Ohio governor?

I think the “except for his support for medicaid expansion” tells you everything you need to know.

joev
    Participant

Well, there you go. The worst kind of person thinks Kasich has been a good governor.

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FunkBrothers wrote:</div>

Well, there you go. The worst kind of person thinks Kasich has been a good governor.

Then you must really, really hate it here in Ohio. Do keep up the contempt for everyone else. Impotent rage combined with arrogant judgements of others is just delicious.

gramarye
    Participant

I wasn’t as big a fan of the Medicaid expansion, either, just based on the sheer cost, but it’s one of the less objectionable parts of Obamacare and it’s hardly like Fitzgerald would have turned it down. Kasich has shown backbone on water and mineral rights issues that are much more important to the state. Also, even though he lost the referendum on SB 5, I personally agree with him on collective bargaining issues and that is an issue on which reforms are still needed. With Kasich, there’s at least a chance that we’ll get something in the second term.

rus
    rus
    Participant

24 percentage points would be about the margin that Strickland thumped Blackwell in ’06.

Looks like the margin was 30.9 .

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

To me, the big story of 2014 was voter turnout of 39 percent.
    That is nearly 9 points lower turnout than any other mid-term election since 1978. The previous low was 47.8 in 2002–Taft v. Hagan.
    Kasich got only about 33,000 more votes than 2010 so he really didn’t move his numbers that much, Fitzgerald was 823,000 votes below Strickland in 2010.
    This is the legacy of Chris Redfern.

News
    Participant

Libertarian’s Elections Complaint Against Kasich Dismissed
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS • 28 SECONDS AGO

The state’s Elections Commission has dismissed a complaint by a would-be Libertarian gubernatorial candidate alleging Gov. John Kasich’s re-election campaign played a role in getting him bumped from the ballot.

READ MORE: http://radio.wosu.org/post/libertarians-elections-complaint-against-kasich-dismissed

Viewing 13 posts - 241 through 253 (of 253 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER