Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio Governor's Race 2014

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Ohio Governor's Race 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 253 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

The worst campaigns of 2014
    Author: Alex Isenstadt (@politicoalex)

Bad headlines. Campaign upheaval. Awful poll numbers. Ed Fitzgerald has it all.

READ MORE: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/2014-worst-campaigns-111311_Page2.html

News
    Participant

Poll: Kasich’s Lead Grows To 22 Points
    October 1, 2014
    by Steve Brown
    89.7 NPR News Morning Anchor

Governor John Kasich’s lead over his Democratic challenger has surpassed 20 points in the latest independent poll. The survey by Quinnipiac University released Wednesday gives the Republican incumbent a 57-to-35 percent lead over Ed Fitzgerald.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2014/10/01/poll-kasichs-lead-grows-22-points/

News
    Participant

At Statewide Forums, Fitzgerald Debates an Absent Kasich
    October 9, 2014 4:54 pm – Jesse Bethea

The table in the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers hall on Second Avenue had nameplates for both Ed FitzGerald and John Kasich Wednesday night. The left side seats were reserved for FitzGerald’s supporters, the right side designated for Kasich’s. The Governor’s spot at the dais remained unoccupied through the evening and Democrats spilled over into his empty fan section.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/at-statewide-forums-fitzgerald-debates-an-absent-kasich-jb1

News
    Participant

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Don’t forget that the Green Party has a respectable candidate on the ballot and she is planning to debate Fitzgerald. Progressives can still vote for someone other than Kasich and at least make a statement on the state of the two-party system in Ohio.

Anita Rios, Green Party candidate for governor

News
    Participant

News
    Participant

Gov. Kasich Maintains Big Fundraising Lead In Ohio
    October 23, 2014
    by The Associated Press

Ohio Republican Gov. John Kasich is maintaining a big money advantage over Democrat Ed FitzGerald heading into the final weeks of the campaign. State campaign finance out Thursday show Kasich has $4.6 million in the bank. FitzGerald is left with just under $250,000.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2014/10/23/gov-kasich-maintains-big-fundraising-lead-ohio/

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Don’t forget that the Green Party has a respectable candidate on the ballot and she is planning to debate Fitzgerald. Progressives can still vote for someone other than Kasich and at least make a statement on the state of the two-party system in Ohio.

I’m planning on voting Green this year. I won’t say I agree with their whole platform and emphasis, but they’re closer to my positions than the major parties, and Fitzgerald has failed to convince me he has even minimal competence.

I also don’t appreciate that his campaign is continuing to solicit donations even after he started giving away his funds to other candidates.

As far as Kasich, maybe he’ll resign to run for President. As long as he doesn’t actually win, that’s the best case scenario I see in this situation.

News
    Participant

News
    Participant

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ned23 wrote:</div>

I’m planning on voting Green this year. I won’t say I agree with their whole platform and emphasis, but they’re closer to my positions than the major parties, and Fitzgerald has failed to convince me he has even minimal competence.

I also don’t appreciate that his campaign is continuing to solicit donations even after he started giving away his funds to other candidates.

As far as Kasich, maybe he’ll resign to run for President. As long as he doesn’t actually win, that’s the best case scenario I see in this situation.

Kasich winning reelection is a bad deal all around. At the very least, we are now stuck with this neoliberal tool for another 4 years, along with all kinds of associated retrograde ideals on steroids that only an authoritarian Baby Boomer who happily grew up in the 1950s could love. It seems we have a lot of these people currently in our media organizations around the state, and they are just fawning over this guy and his lame-ass presidential ambitions like he’s some kind of rock star.

John Kasich is the Kim Kardashian of Ohio politics. Nobody knows how he got to where he is or what he actually does that is of value to anyone, but he has his fans, and they can’t seem to get enough of him regardless.

Let’s say Kasich does resign to run for President or VP in 2016. Mary Taylor takes over. Like Taylor, I’m from Summit County. I know our politics there, and so I who she really answers to. Look up Alex Arshinkoff. You really don’t want him as Governor. That’s not a typo.

gramarye
    Participant

“Neoliberal?”

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Kasich winning reelection is a bad deal all around.

Agreed, but I don’t see any realistic scenario where that doesn’t happen at this point.

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

“Neoliberal?”

Yes indeed. Political party is mostly irrelevant. The Bushes and Clintons are neoliberals. So is Obama. And Mitt Romney for that matter.

News
    Participant

Paper Demands Liberal Blog Pull Video Of Kasich’s Awkward Interview
    By DYLAN SCOTT
    Published OCTOBER 29, 2014

The Northeastern Ohio Media Group, a business partner with the Plain Dealer newspaper in Cleveland, has demanded that an Ohio liberal political blog pull a video of Gov. John Kasich’s awkward interview with the newspaper’s editorial board.

READ MORE: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kasich-plain-dealer-interview-plunderbund

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 253 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: