Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The demographic widens.

Gil Ligg

After further research I have discovered some unfortunate news. This amendment is guaranteed to fail. The group responsible for this effort is basically a small group of aging hippies/extreme liberals that don’t know what they are doing. I think they did too many drugs back in the day.

Back in 2011 Peter Lewis, a billionaire from Ohio that has donated more money than anyone towards state marijuana campaigns, asked for proposals to put an amendment on the ballot in 2012. This group tried to get his support for their amendment titled the Ohio Medical Cannabis Amendment[/url] [OMCA].

I’m sure Mr. Lewis threw their proposal in the garbage. From the little pieces I could piece together, they were completely disorganized.

This is disappointing. Ohio is a bellwether state in politics. As Ohio goes so goes the Nation. Polls show that a majority of Ohioans support medical marijuana and I’m sure an even higher percentage supports industrial hemp. The biggest marijuana philanthropist in the country has his company headquartered in Ohio and yet this group of cartoon characters has failed for the last two decades to get anything in front of Ohio voters. Sad.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: