Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Gil Ligg

A friend forwarded this to me b/c he knows I smoke weed for my anxiety and back pain.

Ohio Rights Group

Has anyone heard of this? It seems very interesting. I hope it succeeds. Cannabis is not the evil drug that a-holes claim it to be.

There are really only 2 reasons why a person would oppose cannabis legalization- ignorance and greed.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I would love it. I just think the “movement” needs A LOT better PR.

Gil Ligg

Yes, it needs better PR, which essentially comes down to funding. It’s a grassroots movement at the moment so hopefully it gains the traction it needs.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Gil Ligg said:
    It’s a grassroots movement….

Ba-dum-psh!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

… a budding trend …

columbusfoodie
    Participant

Anyone know where we can go to sign the petition to get it on the ballot?

pilsner
    Participant

Ohio Rights Group will have a booth at Commfest.

Columbus Coalition for Responsive Government will have a separate booth with petitions to let Columbus voters decide on the ballot about Columbus having ward representation for some City Council seats and campaign-finance reform and the arena bailout.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    A friend forwarded this to me b/c he knows I smoke weed for my anxiety and back pain.
    Ohio Rights Group

Has anyone heard of this? It seems very interesting. I hope it succeeds. Cannabis is not the evil drug that a-holes claim it to be.

There are really only 2 reasons why a person would oppose cannabis legalization- ignorance and greed.

Agree exactly with everything you said above. If it passes, it means I don’t have to take most of the medications I’m on now (including some heavy duty opiates for my jacked up back). I used to smoke pot as a teenager, and it did wonders for my issues then – and those things have only gotten worse with time. I have too much to lose to consider using it now when it’s illegal. Like you, I can’t fathom what is wrong with people who oppose it. There are many, many studies done outlining the beneficial uses of the drug. I’m sure if it were their loved ones, or even if they themselves were suffering from any of the qualifying ailments, they’d be singing a different tune.

I also support across the board legalization for everyone. Regulate it like cigarettes or booze, and tax it. If every state (and most importantly, if they legalize it on a nation level), and could just get on the same damn page, the revenue they receive can fund Obamacare, could improve our local schools, etc. Just think of how many cottage industries could be created in the wake of that.Where’s the problem?

columbusfoodie
    Participant

pilsner said:
    Ohio Rights Group will have a booth at Commfest.

Columbus Coalition for Responsive Government will have a separate booth with petitions to let Columbus voters decide on the ballot about Columbus having ward representation for some City Council seats and campaign-finance reform and the arena bailout.

I’m likely not going to ComFest this year. Will they be doing petition drives anywhere else in town?

pilsner
    Participant

I don’t know where else they’ll be. But I suggest you go to their website and contact them for a petition so you can get 25 or 50 or 100 other people to sign it. You can’t sign your a petition sheet that you are circulating, btw.

The Ohio Rights Group doesn’t have much money and needs volunteer circulators! And donate if you can.

http://ohiorights.org/about

Gil Ligg

The lack of conversation around this topic speaks volumes about the demographics of this website.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    The lack of conversation around this topic speaks volumes about the demographics of this website.

It does? I think you’d find most of this website have a genuine political interest in the topic. I think most are waiting for a real conversation about it politically. Even more are waiting for a topic that you have nothing to do with.

Coach Rich
    Participant

Screw this idea! I don’t want to start paying taxes on my drugs!

buckeyecpa
    Participant

Coach Rich said:
    Screw this idea! I don’t want to start paying taxes on my drugs!

I’m sure you’re joking but I’ve actually heard this complaint. I think I’d rather pay taxes then be labeled a criminal and pay fines or worse, jail.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Gil Ligg said:

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/tags/marijuana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: