Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio Birds Mural in Clintonville and University District at Glen Echo Park

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Ohio Birds Mural in Clintonville and University District at Glen Echo Park

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Eliza Ho
    Participant

A mural featuring Ohio birds species is happening in Clintonville and University District.

The Ohio Birds Mural will be painted at the Indianola Bridge underpass at Glen Echo Park. The mural aims to help deter recurring graffiti and transform the space into an artistic and educational space where visitors can learn about Ohio birds and their habitat.

ALTernative and the organizing committee are now trying to raise $2,800 through a Kickstarter campaign in order complete the project. Click Here!

LOUA%20Poster.jpg

T-Shirt%20OBM.jpg

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Aaaaw how sweet! I love Glen Echo ravine :)

I like the painting style too.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Hell yeah, put a bird on it!

mrpoppinzs

lol

Graybeak
    Participant

The mural aims to help deter recurring graffiti

I hope that works out for it.

Twixlen
    Participant

Make sure that for whoever y’all decide to work with, that they will agree to come back and repaint/fix the mural in the event of graffiti, either as part of the contract total, or for a much reduced rate. It is highly likely that it *will* get tagged – may as well prepare for that eventuality up front.

I also love the birds and the style of this – it’ll be a lovely addition to the neighborhood.

cheap

paint it black

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

I thought the bridge was going to be demolished and a new one built. The ravine was full of engineers about a month ago.

Eliza Ho
    Participant

Officially, Indianola Bridge is a state property, and the City helps maintain it. We consulted both the City’s Public Services and ODOT about their schedule to repair the bridge. They have plans to repair the bridge in 5 years, and the extend of the repair has not been determined. The City’s Columbus Arts Commission is aware of plan of repair and has supported the mural project to move forward.
    The Ohio Birds Mural is public art itself. It is also a catalyst of transformation of the space into a future bird sanctuary. We’re taking baby step towards an overall improvement of the Glen Echo Park and Ravine. Different things are happening down there, including restoration of native plants. The mural is part of this larger effort.

Graybeak
    Participant

cheap said:
    paint it black

Is it a red door?

racheltb
    Participant

We walk under this bridge to the ravine very frequently. I personally like the current graffiti, with the words ‘all that glitters is not gold’ but often it has been totally inappropriate for my daughter. I love the bird mural idea and congrats on the good start to fundraising!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

There will be a priming party 9:30-12:30 on Saturday, June 16.

groundrules
    Participant

does anyone know a graf artist around here who always paints birds?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Ohio Birds Mural Unveiling

Saturday, July 14, 2012
    11:30am

Under the Indianola Bridge at the Glen Echo Park

Come join us to celebrate this community initiated mural at the Glen Echo Ravine under the Indianola Bridge. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held. Also, meet the organizing team, the artist and all the partners that have this project possible! The unveiling is also part of the Glen Echo Park 100th anniversary celebration, and complimentary food and snacks will be provided. Schedule below:

10-11:30 a.m. Children’s activities

11:30-noon Ohio Birds Mural Unveiling

noon to 1:15 p.m. Picnic in Glen Echo Park

1:15 to 2 p.m. Magic Show

Facebook RSVP[/url]

cheap

they are waiting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: