Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ODOT casts eyes toward public transit

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation ODOT casts eyes toward public transit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

bjones7
    Participant

Interesting. We’ll see how true this is in the future:

Transportation Insider: ODOT casts eyes toward public transit

By Rick Rouan

The Columbus Dispatch

Monday November 11, 2013 6:30 AM

The state agency best known for highway construction plans to look at how it can help public transit agencies. The Ohio Department of Transportation said last week that it is embarking on a study to “create a long-term strategy to meet the needs of current and future urban and rural transit riders.”

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/11/11/odot-casts-eyes-toward-public-transit.html

bjones7
    Participant

The study, along with other information, can be obtained by visiting: http://www.TransitNeedsStudy.ohio.gov

bjones7
    Participant

Let ODOT know what you want from Public Transit by taking this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ODOTtransitneedsstudy_ridersurvey

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It’s about time.

ehill27
    Participant

Hmm… why am I skeptical?

bjones7
    Participant

ehill27 said:
    Hmm… why am I skeptical?

Easy, because its the State and the guy who said no to 3C is still Governor and his appointed official is still running ODOT.

heresthecasey
    Participant

From that website, under “Fun Facts”:

The 2013 ODOT transit budget is 85.5% less than in 2000.

columbusmike
    Participant

heresthecasey said:
    From that website, under “Fun Facts”:

The 2013 ODOT transit budget is 85.5% less than in 2000.

Wow, it’s depressing that they see a decrease of transit funding as a “fun fact”.

jbcmh81
    Participant

columbusmike said:
    Wow, it’s depressing that they see a decrease of transit funding as a “fun fact”.

It is one to those people who see public transit as a waste of money or for something that only poor people take.

But yes, I hold out no hope that ODOT drastically alters its budgeting or overall car-centric attitude.

groundrules
    Participant

Geno99
    Participant

Maybe when that bus hit the governor’s car on I-71 last year it got him thinking?

Stu Nicholson
    Stu Nicholson
    Participant

Just wanted to say the reference to “Fun Facts” on the website for the ODOT Transit Study was on an early draft when the website was being created. As new “factoids” were added, the title of “Fun Facts” was forgotten about and not changed. Thanks to heresthecasey for spotting it, as that helped us see the problem and get things corrected. (BTW: I know this as I work for one of the project consultants and not for ODOT directly.)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: