Messageboard - Events Outside Columbus

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

OCTAVE ONE [live] @ Lawrenceville Moose [Pittsburgh] | Sat - 11.21.09

Home Forums Events Events Outside Columbus OCTAVE ONE [live] @ Lawrenceville Moose [Pittsburgh] | Sat – 11.21.09

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MFAC

Humanaut & Hijack team up to present a legend of Detroit Techno

4706451.jpg

OCTAVE ONE

[Detroit, MI]

[430 West / Transmat / Underground Resistance]

Debuting with “I Believe” on the monumental (10 Records) compilation “Techno 2: The Next Generation” (alongside Carl Craig, Marc Kinchen, and Jay Denham) in 1990. Octave One (also recording as Random Noise Generation) is the brainchild of the phenomenal native sons of Detroit, MI (USA), the Burden Brothers. The core unit of the band, made up of Lenny Burden and Lawrence Burden (with revolving members of Lynell Burden, Lorne Burden, and Lance Burden), have had the privilege of touring live throughout the world, including the countries of Germany, Spain, Greece, Belgium, Vienna, The Netherlands, the UK, Ireland, Scotland, Malaysia, Japan, the US, and Russia, among many other places. The monumental band is part of the so called “second wave” of Detroit Techno.

The brothers have released groundbreaking underground dance anthems on their own Detroit based record label, 430 West Records. These releases include Random Noise Generation’s “Falling in Dub” (the other Burden brother moniker), DJ Rolando’s “Jaguar”, Aux 88’s “My A.U.X. Mind” (on the 430 West sister label Direct Beat), as well as their own Octave One records: “Empower”, “Nicolette”, ‘The X-files”, “Meridian”, and ‘Siege”. Since 1990, the Burden brothers have released over one hundred records.

2000 brought the biggest Octave One release to date, “Blackwater”. The track has appeared on over 70 compilation albums worldwide (with comp sales exceeding one million collectively). It has been released domestically in 5 countries (US, UK, Spain, Germany, and Australia). The track has also been a favorite on the decks of some of the world’s best known DJs, Little Louie Vega, Danny Teneglia, Jeff Mills, Richie Hawtin, Kevin Saunderson, Derrick May, Jonathan Peters, Laurent Garnier, among many, many others. “Blackwater” became a new turning point for the brothers. Late 2006 brought the release of the first full length DVD/CD project from the group, Octave One featuring Random Noise Generation “Off The Grid”. 2008 brings the first studio album in 4 years, “Summers on Jupiter”.

The most talked about act of DEMF 2009 – Octave One is ready to take Pittsburgh to the next level.

LOCAL

[Pittsburgh, PA]

[Hijack]

Local is the project of Hijack founder and resident Ryan Walsh: A compound of his music, Ableton Live, controllers, and other people’s music – Minimal, maximal, progressive and regressive – Local will deliver a set designed specifically and appropriately for you to savor, engross, and absorb.

JASON CUBAN

[Pittsburgh, PA]

[Humanaut / Full House Productions]

Humanaut’s latest addition and Full House Veteran, Jason prides himself on his tasteful, eclectic selection of deep psychedelic grooves. Ranging from dubstep to dub techno, Jason is poised to lull you into the mood proper – cavernous rhythms, echoey waves, and surgical mixing are all on the operating table.

Interior design by Tommy Conroy (Event Architect of “Hot House”, The Sprout Fund’s annual fundraiser blowout)

“Alpha Wave” – a kinetic light installation by Joshua Space

High performance four corner surround sound by Impact Audio.

The Lawrenceveille Moose

120 51st Street

Pittsburgh, PA 15201

One room – One Vibe – Full Bar

9pm-2am: Come early for the full experience!

18+ to Enter

21+ to Consume

Presale Tickets: $12 – available soon

MFAC

flyer

[img]http://nightvisionpgh.com/upload/OctaveOne/octaveone_front.jpg[/img]

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Sometimes it’s a bummer seeing these great artists having shows and seeing that they’re posted in the “outside of Columbus” category. This should be a great show..

MFAC

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    Sometimes it’s a bummer seeing these great artists having shows and seeing that they’re posted in the “outside of Columbus” category. This should be a great show..

Thanks Michael! I used to say the same about Ohio parties back in the day when Pittsburgh had nothing going on.

We’re not that far away though. Just over the border. We get tons of Clevelanders in town but rarely do the Columbus heads come out. Would love to see some of you guys here sometime!

michaelcoyote
    Participant

MFAC wrote >>

michaelcoyote wrote >>

Thanks Michael! I used to say the same about Ohio parties back in the day when Pittsburgh had nothing going on.

Hah, that’s been a while. Not sure what you guys get, but CMH has been dry of high quality Techno events for a while. I saw you had Stewart Walker earlier this year. That looked pretty good.

MFAC wrote >>

We’re not that far away though. Just over the border. We get tons of Clevelanders in town but rarely do the Columbus heads come out. Would love to see some of you guys here sometime!

Yeah, I’ll come more often when the train gets built :-D

Seriously though, Pittsburgh is a fun town. I might try to go that weekend. This event looks first class.

MFAC

When I first moved here things were pretty bad, but it’s turned around really nicely. Seem to be pulling a high quality tasteful techno headliner at least once a month if not more. Attendance is up too. Can’t complain at all. Tons of good talent too. I blame Technoir Audio for still being around and active. :)

If you make it to town let me know. I’ll buy you a drink and we’ll chat.

This is a good video too…haha:

MFAC

Presale tickets are out for this. You can purchase on the internets:
    http://www.showclix.com/event/6694/

If you’re in Pittsburgh, you can pick them up at Paul’s CDs in Bloomfield, or….you can purchase presales in person from any of these shady characters:

Edgar Um
    Ryan Walsh
    Aaron Clark
    Paul Fleetwood (Alexander)
    Rob Dunn
    Jason Cuban
    Steve Simpson
    Ken Clunas

Also, word on the streets is that Shawn Rudiman from Technoir Audio is putting together an afterparty featuring a couple other Detroit acts right down the street until 8am, so this is shaping up to be a banner weekend. I’ll post more information on that as I get it.l

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Events Outside Columbus’ is closed to new topics and replies.