Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Obama's Second Term

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Obama's Second Term

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author

pedex
    Participant

considering the amount of damage he’s done a third term might be what breaks things

Nancy H
    Participant

Is it just me… or do posts in this thread lead you to believe some people don’t know about the 22nd Amendment?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Is it just me… or do posts in this thread lead you to believe some people don’t know about the 22nd Amendment?

Its just you…most people realize we’re speaking in hypotheticals.

Nancy H
    Participant

I am not referring to comments by people like Snarf.

Like anybody, Obama’s not been perfect, but I’m very glad he was reelected. He is very cerebral in nature and despite the opposition’s incessant stonewalling, he has moved the country forward. I’m proud to live in a nation where more and more people have health insurance and totally shocked (in a good way) that the conservative Supreme Court has actually ruled in favor of “Obamacare”. Obama has stood up for the dignity of gay folks, women, etc. and has not been afraid to contribute to the discussion on race this country desperately needs to have. Things aren’t great internationally, but with Putin and terrorists out there, it’s about as good as one can expect. The economy is much better than what he started with, but frankly, I think people exaggerate the government’s ability to shape it short of something like World War II that helped bring us out of the depression. Basically I think he’s a smart guy that has surrounded himself with experienced advisors and done the best he can. And he is very likable and seems sincere. I think history will look favorably on him.

I hope the next president is as good but so far I’m not too impressed.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I am not referring to comments by people like Snarf.

You’re boring.

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE