Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Obama's Second Term

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Obama's Second Term

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Snarf said:
    He sure has killed a lot of innocent children via bullshit drones. A lot more than Sandy Hook.

That I’m not so much a fan of either.

Not a fan of the current state of the drone program, being operated by intelligence instead of defense. I am a fan of the technology and its capabilities.

myliftkk
    Participant

Snarf said:
    He sure has killed a lot of innocent children via bullshit drones. A lot more than Sandy Hook.

That I’m not so much a fan of either.

Like most middling things started by a Repub president, he took an existing program and made it a hell of a lot more efficient.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

myliftkk said:
    Like most middling things started by a Repub president, he took an existing program and made it a hell of a lot more efficient.

If killing thousands of innocents is more efficient, then yeah – he’s like a solar panel or something.

myliftkk
    Participant

thirstychef said:
    His typical Democratic over spending is not good for the future.

Remind us where the spending surge is?

Now ask yourself if you’d rather live in the Eurozone, where real serious austerity is about to cause a crack-up.

joev
    Participant

Pointless argument is pointless.

thirstychef
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    …you really think we’d be out of Iraq or this close to out of Afghanistan under McCain? Disagree.

Claiming a Republican would have passed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is just crazy talk.

No, the Republicans would have passed their own version of a Stimulus Package. A package that doesn’t solve the bigger issues that affect our economy and government.

Both sides pour money on symptoms, and neither do a adequate job of solving the problem. The Democrats are just better at spending money faster than they can print it. :-)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

joev said:
    Pointless argument is pointless.

Yet here you are, cowboy! Yee-haw!

rus
    rus
    Participant

thirstychef said:
    Almost half those accomplishments a Republican President or another Democratic President would have had to do anyhow. Iraq, Afghanistan, and Stimulus were all things that were going to happen.

Health Care reform (which I am for), still has to play out and only history will determine if it works the way they intended.

The congress that worked against him (both Democrat and Republican) was part of his problems from the get go. He couldn’t find a way to get things done across the aisles.

What he has done is solidify the Democratic voting base so the party will remain strong.

His typical Democratic over spending is not good for the future.

Barack Obama>Jimmy Carter, but not by much.

On obamacare:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/341589/gao-report-obamacare-adds-62-trillion-long-term-deficit-andrew-stiles

Obamacare will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion, according to a Government Accountability Office (GAO) report released today.

Senator Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.), who requested the report, revealed the findings this morning at a Senate Budget Committee hearing. The report, he said, “confirms everything critics and Republicans were saying about the faults of this bill,” and “dramatically proves that the promises made assuring the nation that the largest new entitlement program in history would not add one dime to the deficit were false.”

President Obama and other Democrats attempted to win support for the health-care bill by touting it as a fiscally responsible enterprise. “I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits — either now or in the future,” Obama told a joint-session of Congress in September 2009. “I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period.”

The new report exposes the “lack of honesty” surrounding such claims, Sessions argued. “The big-government crowd in Washington manipulated the numbers in order to get the financial score they wanted, in order to get their bill passed and to increase power and influence,” he said. “The goal was not truth or financial responsibility, but to pass the bill. This is how a country goes broke.”

rus
    rus
    Participant

thirstychef said:
    No, the Republicans would have passed their own version of a Stimulus Package. A package that doesn’t solve the bigger issues that affect our economy and government.

Both sides pour money on symptoms, and neither do a adequate job of solving the problem. The Democrats are just better at spending money faster than they can print it. :-)

Hear, hear.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

LOL…yes, if Obamacare’s coverage continued while all of its cost containment methods were ended, it would increase the deficit by that much.

Awesome job by a Republican creating a study with imaginary parameters that stated exactly what he wanted and disputed pretty much every fiscal study of Obamacare to date.

myliftkk
    Participant

Snarf said:
    If killing thousands of innocents is more efficient, then yeah – he’s like a solar panel or something.

If you don’t like the results, you should’ve been on the front lines protesting the dominoes we were about to topple in the first place, say like 2001. Little late to the party now.

The GOP drew this hypernationalist portrait, Obama’s just so much more efficient at running the show than their boss, and his lackeys, was. Outside of Paul and his ilk, which are what about 5 people in government, the GOP’s issue is really that their team stunk up the field, and now that Obama’s proven to be both ruthlessly efficient and telegenic, they can’t handle it. I mean they latched onto Benghazi like some sea lampreys on a lake trout, they could care less about who we drone strike.

Domestically Obama’s moved the ball on a lot of Dem/Progressive issues moreso than Clinton did. Some of that’s because society has simply progressed in the meantime and laws are catching up, but don’t think that laws can’t just as easily stifle what society generally overall desires (hello Bush years). Congressional opposition has been just shy of ridiculous, but in a 24/7/365 media age, where every Congressperson is a star waiting to be born, that’s probably inevitable from here on out.

rus
    rus
    Participant

myliftkk said:

The GOP drew this hypernationalist portrait, Obama’s just so much more efficient at running the show than their boss, and his lackeys, was.

Read as: “My guy is so much better at killing children that yours ever was.”

thirstychef
    Participant

As I stated earlier, 4-8 years from know we will have a better idea about how Obamacare actually works.

I also stated that I am for Obamacare, but like most plans, they usually cost more than they stated in the beginning.

One thing we do know now, is that major companies are planning on cutting back full time positions to reduce their costs.

Time will tell………

rus
    rus
    Participant

thirstychef said:

One thing we do know now, is that major companies are planning on cutting back full time positions to reduce their costs.

Time will tell………

In something as complex as obamacare there will be more than a few unintended consequences. Seems inevitable.

kit444
    Participant

Snarf said:

Are you opposed to the war or just this method of fighting it? If we’re going to continue to go after “evildoers” as the last president called them, would it be better to use manned bombers or send troops?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE