Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Obama Returns to Columbus - August 18th

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Obama Returns to Columbus – August 18th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author

budser1228
    Participant

He’s staying at the Westin downtown and the City Center garage is totally empty this morning. It’s been funny seeing the cars scrambling, trying to find a parking spot when they normally park at City Center. Also, I will not be going home for lunch since they are closing Fourth Street from Broad to Gay from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. I guess I will go to Dirty Franks or Little Palace for lunch today.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I parked at the City center garage no problems. got there about 8:45am. maybe the main st entrance was closed, I dunno. the Rich st entrance was open. There was a long line this morning. maybe this is why.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

budser1228 wrote >>
    He’s staying at the Westin downtown and the City Center garage is totally empty this morning. It’s been funny seeing the cars scrambling, trying to find a parking spot when they normally park at City Center. Also, I will not be going home for lunch since they are closing Fourth Street from Broad to Gay from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. I guess I will go to Dirty Franks or Little Palace for lunch today.

4th was still open at 10ish when I went through. I was trying to figure out why downtown was a cluster (71 was backed up to just east of the split, traffic seemed a bit heavier for that time) when I hit that section of 4th and saw the protestors and mass police presence.

bababoohi

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

budser1228 wrote >>

4th was still open at 10ish when I went through. I was trying to figure out why downtown was a cluster (71 was backed up to just east of the split, traffic seemed a bit heavier for that time) when I hit that section of 4th and saw the protestors and mass police presence.

What sort of things were people protesting?

lifeliberty
    Participant

4th is blocked at Broad St. and there are people around the Borden Building at 4th and Broad.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

bababoohi wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

budser1228 wrote >>

What sort of things were people protesting?

I think the pro-choicers were out.

AmyJ
    Participant

Views from my front porch yesterday.

Townsfolk headed to the backyard discussion.

Presidential limo.

Crazy motorcade.

Edited to switch the double posted photo.

berdawn

No sidewalks?

AmyJ
    Participant

Sadly, no. Second neighborhood I’ve lived in Columbus with no sidewalks.

Lakee911
    Participant

AmyJ wrote >>

Who wants to edit this to show them as an angry mob? Insert pitch forks, shovels, torches, maybe a bazooka or two? LMAO!

somertimeoh
    Participant

Thanks for the pics, Amy. What a neat experience! My mom would have never let me meet the POTUS in jeans though, lol. Come on, girl, put on a dress!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Lakee911 wrote >>

AmyJ wrote >>

Who wants to edit this to show them as an angry mob? Insert pitch forks, shovels, torches, maybe a bazooka or two? LMAO!

That. Or zombies.

Lakee911
    Participant

AmyJ wrote >>
    Sadly, no. Second neighborhood I’ve lived in Columbus with no sidewalks.

I grew up in a neighborhood in the suburbs (of Cincy) that had no sidewalks. It’s a bummer, but not the end of the world, IMHO.

It looks like you have curbs though. I would rather have curbs on a minimally traveled street than sidewalks. Without them, people can’t seem to figure out where the street stops and the yard begins….so you’re not safe in the street or the grass! :)

Lakee911
    Participant

rus wrote >>

Lakee911 wrote >>

AmyJ wrote >>

That. Or zombies.

They already are! They’re brainwashed by Barry himself.

Lakee911
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Thanks for the pics, Amy. What a neat experience! My mom would have never let me meet the POTUS in jeans though, lol. Come on, girl, put on a dress!

Maybe they should have hosted on the oval at OSU? Plenty of gals without pants over there!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: