Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Obama Returns to Columbus - August 18th

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Obama Returns to Columbus – August 18th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Well, on the radio they said it’s $30,000 per couple so we can each pony up $15,000 and pretend to be a couple.

artbomb112
    Participant

Didn’t someone tell Obama that Pecha Kucha was last week…? He’s gonna be sad he missed it.

rus
    rus
    Participant

alexs wrote >>
    Well, on the radio they said it’s $30,000 per couple so we can each pony up $15,000 and pretend to be a couple.

Man, that’s a lot of union dues…

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Seriously, there must be some upward graph of the fundraising totals brought in by the last ten or twenty Presidents, and it will go on upward no matter who is in the next terms.

rus
    rus
    Participant

alexs wrote >>
    Seriously, there must be some upward graph of the fundraising totals brought in by the last ten or twenty Presidents, and it will go on upward no matter who is in the next terms.

You mean like this?

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/totals.php?cycle=2008

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Um, yep.

rus
    rus
    Participant

alexs wrote >>
    Um, yep.

You might find some of the donor demographic information of use.

wassan

Interesting comments.

However, if you are interested in meeting the President, you can volunteer with ODP & get a chance to have lunch with him:

http://www.ohiodems.org/lunch

:)

Lakee911
    Participant

No thanks.

bob.os
    Participant

Well, the good news for us ‘Villebillies is that the Obama traffic jam will be miles north of us at East Kanawah Ave. on the southern border of Worthington.

AmyJ
    Participant

It’s taking place a few doors down from me! I’m excited for my dog walk tomorrow.

jennyw
    Participant

bob.os wrote >>
    Well, the good news for us ‘Villebillies is that the Obama traffic jam will be miles north of us at East Kanawah Ave. on the southern border of Worthington.

In other words: Beechwold. Booo! I was hoping to run into the prez at Cup O Joe.

bob.os
    Participant

jennyw wrote >>

bob.os wrote >>

In other words: Beechwold. Booo! I was hoping to run into the prez at Cup O Joe.

North of Beechwold even. Possibly Sharon Twp.

I keep trying to boost the area by renaming it South Worthington.

jennyw
    Participant

bob.os wrote >>

jennyw wrote >>

bob.os wrote >>

North of Beechwold even. Possibly Sharon Twp.
    I keep trying to boost the area by renaming it South Worthington.

Hmmm … I know Kanawah is Columbus Schools, so I don’t think it’s Sharon Township/Worthington. It’s in a no-man’s land.

AmyJ
    Participant

Graceland?

The street is bustling with secret service, cops and nosy neighbors (me included!). There’s a CNN truck and satellite that has been here since yesterday. So far no Obama sightings though.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE