Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Obama in town Sunday

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events Obama in town Sunday

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

cyclist II
    Participant

MOVING AMERICA FORWARD RALLY

with

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

and

FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA

Sunday, October 17th, 2010

Doors open: 5:00 p.m.

Program begins: 6:15 p.m.

The Ohio State University, Main Oval

Columbus, Ohio

I’m going. Just to see his motorcade and security detail is awesome.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

More here: http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/MAF-ColumbusRSVP

And here:

President Obama and First Lady visit Ohio State Sunday; Registration for the media and public now available
    Posted on October 13, 2010 by LizCook

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will visit The Ohio State University’s Columbus campus on Sunday (10/17) as part of a rally organized by the Democratic National Committee (DNC).

READ MORE: http://elections.osu.edu/

byJody
    Participant

The President and First Lady are coming to town today and the Dispatch barely mentions it.

Legend to perform during today’s Obama rally at Ohio State

byJody
    Participant

Just found out it will be live streaming. Good thing, I’m too pooped to party. http://www.barackobama.com/live/?source=MO_FB

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Press Release:
    Ohio State University Police release official crowd count for Obama rally event

Ohio State University Police officials estimate 35,000 people attended the rally featuring President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on the university’s Oval.

Organized by the Democratic National Committee, the President and First Lady are guests of the Ohio State College Democrats, a student organization.

Gates opened at 5 p.m. and the program began at 6:30. Joining the President and First Lady on stage were other elected Ohio officials including Governor Ted Strickland, Mayor Mike Coleman and former Senator John Glenn. Recording artist and musician John Legend also performed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank-you for the link byJody! ThaMissus is there with the 9 yr old & I’m stayin home with the 3 yr old. Michelle is awesome-I almost took the whole family, but someone coulda turned into pumpkin (probably me)…
    I’m enjoying this more than I woulda thought!

byJody
    Participant

I’m enjoying this more than I woulda thought!

Me too! I was cheering for the rally as loud as hubby was cheering for the Steelers today! Funny – it gave me hope again. I loved the analogy about the car in the ditch. What a rough two years its been – but hopefully we are really on the upswing this time!

It was an impressive rally even if 35,000 people seems like a generous estimate.

According to the Dispatch, this was not only Obama’s largest rally since his inauguration two years ago, but it was also the first time since then that he and Michelle have appeared together at a rally.

President’s Rally Attracts 35,000

cyclist II
    Participant

SherringisFun wrote >>
    It was an impressive rally even if 35,000 people seems like a generous estimate.
    According to the Dispatch, this was not only Obama’s largest rally since his inauguration two years ago, but it was also the first time since then that he and Michelle have appeared together at a rally.
    President’s Rally Attracts 35,000

There weren’t 35,000 people there. Maybe 20,000. Fun event though. I got to about 40 feet of him.

Brant
    Participant

nm.

GW_Justice
    Participant

I’m curious about the claims here that “it wasn’t a 35K crowd”. How do you know? I have followed the process of estimating crowds before (for ComFest) and I know that when the crowd is this big, personal estimates based on the number of people you can see from where you are standing have very low accuracy.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

GW_Justice wrote >>
    I’m curious about the claims here that “it wasn’t a 35K crowd”. How do you know? I have followed the process of estimating crowds before (for ComFest) and I know that when the crowd is this big, personal estimates based on the number of people you can see from where you are standing have very low accuracy.

more importantly, who cares!

Brant
    Participant

More coverage here: http://www.slate.com/id/2271486/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: