Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nurses in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nurses in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

coach123

I wanted to get some information from those who may be in the nursing profession or healthcare. My wife went back to nursing school a few years ago and will be graduating in a few months as a RN (Registered Nurse). She started looking at jobs and it seems the job market is not that good in Columbus for nurses. When she decided to go back to school two years ago, nursing seemed to be the hottest profession as everyone was talking about a massive nursing shortage. We are finding that is not the case in Columbus. There are now 15 nursing schools in central ohio pumping out nurses and it seems like getting a job in a hospital as a new graduate is almost impossible. A lot of hospitals specifically state no new grads in their job postings. Does anyone have any advise on who may be hiring or a good resource to turn to for new nurse graduates looking for a job?

Ezmerelda74
    Participant

I’m not in the nursing industry myself, but my mom has been at St. Ann’s for nearly 20 years. She reports that they are severely understaffed in her department.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE