Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

North Bank Condos — News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion North Bank Condos — News & Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Have any of you noticed the progress on the Nationwide North Bank Condos project? There is now blue signage advertising the website as well as the contact phone number for the project. This signage is located on the north side of the loft building.
    The change that has taken place that leaves me scratching my head is that of the lights the now line the facade of the loft building. These lights are located on the Neil Avenue side of the project. The light choice is the part that very much angers me. Nearly identical lights were placed on either side of the Arena Crossing apartments project. Where is the originality in this???
    I had to rant, so let’s hear your thoughts…
    Also, any fans or critics of The Jeffrey and the Metalworks part of the project please leave your thoughts on those! I personally love them!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately much of the north bank project is unoriginal. When they brick up the loft building that did it for me. Nationwide must have gotten on heck of deal on ugly brown brick, because the whole area has been buried by them. Particularly bad are the burnham.

Has anyone heard that jeffry place project has run into a major snag? Now that is a great looking loft condo building!!! Put that in the arena district and make the place look like something!!!

Rocknrolloutlaws
    Participant

joshua wrote

Has anyone heard that jeffry place project has run into a major snag?

What sort of snag? Or have you not heard details? This makes me curious, given that it’s going in on an old brownfield.

joshua

I agree with you that if you were to put glass boxes in the Arena District, it would be hot! I too would like to see more modern architecture approaches in this and other districts. The Buggyworks is what the Arena has. I wish to see more like what The Metalworks at The Jeffrey has to offer. Those units are hot!

weebz

My parents live in Burnham Square and it’s amazing to me the number of people that are selling their BS condos already and buying NB condos. They’ve only been there a year. crazyness!! :shock:

Jonzun

joshua wrote Nationwide must have gotten on heck of deal on ugly brown brick, because the whole area has been buried by them.

I’d much rather see brick than a souless use of glass and steel. I understand mixing it up a bit; that would be a nice contrast. But brick

seem a little more thoughtful to me.

Rocknrolloutlaws wrote

joshua wrote

Has anyone heard that jeffry place project has run into a major snag?

What sort of snag? Or have you not heard details? This makes me curious, given that it’s going in on an old brownfield.

Yes, what snag should I be aware of? :wink:

The Lofts over here are really shaping up, we’ll have finished units by the end of August!

As great and as loved as Nationwide is, they do need to bring in some heavy weight architects. With the assurance that more condos will be built (and the possibility of more tower projects), give us something more than the same. North Bank’s tower bores me to tears. The loft building on the other hand is pretty cool. The Arena Crossing remains a city favorite for me. I love the color of the brick, the architectural steel gray accent color, etc.. Now, if they would just rip those damn ass lights flanking the new signage off. Don’t put the same lights on that and the same lights on the North Bank tower. Yawn. Sigh.

Brewmaster

I guess I’m in the minority on that one. I like it. Our skyline could use a little more glass, and little less stone.

It’ll look better it Nationwide builds some tall-ish on the construction/parking lots. Right now it’s kinda standing alone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too would like more glass, and less stone or brick, however the design of the tower is pretty boring. I know nothing about design and i am sure I could have come up with a better building than that.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Has anyone seen the progress on The Ascent in Newport (Cincinnati) lately? I’m not too big of an architectural guru, but I think it looks pretty cool.

8)

Jonzun

Walker wrote Has anyone seen the progress on The Ascent in Newport (Cincinnati) lately? I’m not too big of an architectural guru, but I think it looks pretty cool.

8)

That’s Kick Ass!

mellotron
    Participant

Walker wrote Has anyone seen the progress on The Ascent in Newport (Cincinnati) lately? I’m not too big of an architectural guru, but I think it looks pretty cool.

8)

I’ve never looked at North Bank with any feelings of “what could have been”. That is, of course, until now. Dammit!

CbusIslander
    Participant

What are the prices of those units in the ascent? I am sure they are more than the units in north bank. Its impressive on the outside, but some of those rooms had wasted sq footage b/c of the design. Northbank is the first residential tower built downtown in the last few years and others will come with hopefully better design, but I will take a 20 story tower than nothing at the moment.

CbusIslander
    Participant

I propose something like this for the city center site.

http://www.signaturetowernashville.com/index.php

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: