Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

No Transit Maps Built into iOS 6

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation No Transit Maps Built into iOS 6

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #514577

    paktinat
    Member

    #514578
    Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

    The HopStop ap is actually very cool. It adds in your walk time, tells you what stops you will pass, and tells you how many calories you will burn!

    #514579

    geoyui
    Participant

    joshlapp said:
    The HopStop ap is actually very cool. It adds in your walk time, tells you what stops you will pass, and tells you how many calories you will burn!

    I second hopstop. When I was in NYC, for the subways it notified me of any service changes or construction that would cause delays/detours.

    #514580

    Orphalese
    Member

    geoyui said:
    I second hopstop. When I was in NYC, for the subways it notified me of any service changes or construction that would cause delays/detours.

    Used to live in NYC, found Google Maps transit more proficient in directing me to the faster route the first time. Which is why I would find it really difficult to live without it. Would definitely use an app for it, but this makes me wonder why Apple would release its version of maps with these problems! I’ve listened to NPR reviews (here: http://m.npr.org/news/front/161591319?page=0 ) with other problems.

    #514581

    JonMyers
    Participant

    Apple iOS6 maps are also a disaster for international travelers. Google maps used to recognize Romanized phonetic input, and easily approximate what street you were looking for in a foreign city. iOS6 maps is worthless in this area.

    In iOS6 you need to type in the street exactly in the base language using its exact characters as it appears.

    Also the aspet ratios for streets are way way off. Everything looks a lot closer than it should be represented.

    #514582

    geoyui
    Participant

    In a rare move, Apple CEO apologies for the map app.

    #514583

    geoyui
    Participant

    The Apple iOS map flyover is actually the world’s most ambitious art installation.

    #514584

    GCrites80s
    Participant

    Lose Your iPhone 5 Charger And You’ll Be Stuck With Expensive, Pretty Brick
    October 9, 2012 By Chris Morran

    http://consumerist.com/2012/10/09/lose-your-iphone-5-charger-youre-get-stuck-with-expensive-pretty-brick/%5B/url%5D

    #514585

    Mister Shifter
    Participant

    ^

    I bought two lightning cables at the Apple store yesterday and there were tons of them on the wall.

    #514586

    bucki12
    Member
    #514587
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Upside: some people can find things with apple maps.
    Downside: it’s a secret radar facility in Taiwan.

    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/10/apple-maps-discloses-location-of-classified-taiwan-military-base/

    #514588

    geoyui
    Participant

    rus said:
    Upside: some people can find things with apple maps.
    Downside: it’s a secret radar facility in Taiwan.

    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/10/apple-maps-discloses-location-of-classified-taiwan-military-base/

    Road Trip!!!!

    #514589
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    geoyui said:
    Road Trip!!!!

    #514590

    GCrites80s
    Participant

    Mister Shifter said:
    ^

    I bought two lightning cables at the Apple store yesterday and there were tons of them on the wall.

    Looks like Nick from the story needs to get himself to Columbus!

    #514591

    geoyui
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: