Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nintendo to Make Smartphone Games

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games Nintendo to Make Smartphone Games

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Nintendo Will Make Smartphone Games As Part Of New Deal
    Luke Plunkett

Nintendo announced today that the company has entered into a “business and capital alliance” with Japanese online giant DeNA. As part of this alliance, the two companies will team up (a press release specifically mentions “joint development”) to release “gaming applications for smart devices”. These games will use Nintendo IP.

READ MORE: http://kotaku.com/nintendo-teams-up-is-making-smartphone-games-1691865881

News
    Participant

You Might Not Like The Company Making Mobile Games With Nintendo
    Mike Fahey

This morning Nintendo announced a partnership with Japanese company DeNA to produce games using Nintendo properties on mobile platforms. As the owner of mobile platform Mobage, DeNA is one of the most powerful names in mobile gaming, but the sort of games it’s known for won’t make traditional console gamers happy.

READ MORE: http://kotaku.com/you-might-not-like-the-company-making-nintendos-mobile-1691952503

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I hope the first game they make is a casual spin-off staring CHEEP CHEEP from Super Mario Bros.

He could fly through the air, dodging pipes and kicking ass!

GCrites80s
    Participant

I hope Nintendo makes A phone.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I hope this doesn’t lead to half baked micro transaction games like the ones flooding the iOS app store. I moved from iOS to a 3DS because I was sick of those style of portable games.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Video Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!