Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nicola's Italian Restaurant to open in UA

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Nicola's Italian Restaurant to open in UA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

tolemac5050
    Participant

Nicola’s Italian Restaurant will open within the next week or so in the former CIBO space at Reed/Henderson Roads. Nick will be the owner/chef. He was chef at Da Vinci that was at the same intersection until 2006, then Vittoria on Sawmill Parkway.

What happened to Cibo? Is Vittoria closed?

Sounds interesting.

A.

RandomVisitor
    Participant

Vittoria is open.

I am sorry that I missed my opportunity to try Cibo.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Carla and Tommy Piolata the owners of CIBO and part of the family that own the center sold the business to Chef Nick. (I do not know his last name). He I assume wanted his own place. Vittoria is still open. If you never made it to CIBO, almost be glad, I was a regular and damn I will miss it!

patient_zero
    Participant

tolemac5050 said:
    Carla and Tommy Piolata the owners of CIBO and part of the family that own the center sold the business to Chef Nick. (I do not know his last name).

Executive Chef Nick Bedalli, I believe.

JD

Hi All,

Chef Nicola and his wife Speranza will be opening Nicola in the old Cibo space soon. Possibly 1st or 2nd of November. They’ve posted an announcement on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/nicolacolumbus

cheap

great news!!

i can’t wait for this place to open.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Opens next Monday the 24th

placebohigh
    Participant

What’s the price point and menu of this place? Couldn’t find a facebook or much through google yet.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Not sure…I was told lower than CIBO…will pass on what I find next week.

tolemac5050
    Participant

On FB

Nicola Columbus Restaurant + Bar

tolemac5050
    Participant

http://www.nicolacolumbus.com

Grand opening this Thursday the 3rd

News
    Participant

Restaurant review: Nicola Restaurant & Bar
    Wednesday November 2, 2011 8:35 PM
    By G.A. Benton
    Columbus Alive

Put simply, Bedalli presents his culinary vision on one of the most inviting Italian menus in town, one starring a wealth of lovely handmade pastas. While Bedalli’s roots are proudly European, his time in the U.S. (he arrived here in 2000) has taught him how to please Americans, too (Bedalli was formerly chef at Vittoria’s in Powell). In other words, at Nicola, expect huge portions of authentically flavored saucy delights that rarely err on the sides of subtle or understated. And expect a lot of earthy and rich entrees often accommodatingly priced in the mid-teens.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2011/11/03/restaurant-review-nicola-restaurant–bar.html

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: