Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nice Family Friendly Dinner

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Nice Family Friendly Dinner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Pablo
    Participant

surber17 wrote >>
    Pablo, you’ve said Bob Evans and “ask the kids what they like” … not helping. One can’t talk yet and the other eats chicken tenders everywhere we go. i dont’ see Bob Evans as healthy btw.

Hey, I’m just going from personal experience. Dining with little kids can be a challenge – I have 3. Good luck getting the kid who likes chicken fingers to eat Sfiha. I like Lavash but there’s not a whole lot there that my 5 year old will like.

lifeliberty
    Participant

1st thought was Lavash, i always see children in there

2nd spaghetti wharehouse

3rd St James Tavern for bagels and pizza

Tony’s, we’ve been there a lot with children and it’s been no problem

2 and 4 year olds don’t really add much to the bill at all

blue danube
    marinos
    flat iron
    guiseppes
    planks
    bono
    starliner
    sage
    georgio
    hound dogs

fonzette
    Participant

I took my 4-year-old nephew to Lavash today and he was perfectly happy. But then he’s a pretty adventurous eater.
    Maybe Wildflower? My sister’s kids are always happy there.
    I think eating healthy is an option almost anywhere (Bob Evans included – they have some surprisingly good salads that don’t have to be high-fat), unless you’re at bw3 or McDonald’s or the like.

Z Pizza. Low prices, good food, kids can run free, ample parking nearby, and lots of options for picky eaters.

cc

Cici’s Pizza (the poor man’s Chucky Cheese) ;)

…they have a salad bar

racheltb
    Participant

I know this is too late, but I’m surprised no one said Northstar. They have a nice kids menu, lots of health adult options and kids are very welcome.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

I agree about zpizza.

LBOWACC

I would say golden corral because they have almost every type of food, and kids would love a buffet that big.

cyclist II
    Participant

Bagels by Captain Cream Cheese. Kids love Captains!

RunningBy

we were just at yellow brick pizza, with two families, three kids under five, worked well for us, what’s healthier than pizza?

Since when is St James serving food?

derm
    derm
    Participant

This may seem wierd to people, but we used to take our little kids to Figlio with us. Just tried to get there early before the happening crowd. They have a plain cheese pizza, will make buttered noodles for the kids, bring out the basket of bread and put the white paper cover over the tablecloth. We would bring crayons and let them fill up the paper.

cc

I would tend to say Figlio is not kid friendly. Mostly due to the elbow to elbow seating arrangement.

surber17
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately the kids are kind of picky (and some of the adults too) so Mediterranean cuisine is out for the group. In the past we’ve gone to a couple Mexican restaurants and it’s worked well (El Vaquero and Cantina Laredo). Northstar is def. a great choice, but we were looking for more of a full service restaurant. Please keep the suggestions coming. (BTW I know they’ve taken the kids to Figlio before and it worked out well).

cc

surber17 wrote >>
    Pablo, you’ve said Bob Evans and “ask the kids what they like” … not helping. One can’t talk yet and the other eats chicken tenders everywhere we go. i dont’ see Bob Evans as healthy btw.

Your our previous choice was El Vaquero?

redrover

Both Cap City and Bravo have always worked well for us. Bravo is nice because the kids can draw on the butcher paper they put on all of the tables.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: