Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nice Family Friendly Dinner

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Nice Family Friendly Dinner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant

My girlfriend and I are going to dinner tonight with 2 friends that have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. We want to go to a place that serves decently healthy food and isn’t too overpriced (and obviously it has to be family friendly). Any suggestions?

My first thought was to try 3rd and Hollywood (I’ve never been, but we love Northstar), but their prices seem a bit high to bring a family of 4 to.

Twixlen
    Participant

surber17 wrote >>
    My girlfriend and I are going to dinner tonight with 2 friends that have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. We want to go to a place that serves decently healthy food and isn’t too overpriced (and obviously it has to be family friendly). Any suggestions?
    My first thought was to try 3rd and Hollywood (I’ve never been, but we love Northstar), but their prices seem a bit high to bring a family of 4 to.

Not sure what side of town you need – but Alladin’s in Grandview is nice. It’s actually on Grandview Ave.

Sadly, they don’t have any prices (I know I’ve eaten there for under $10), but here is their menu.

cc

+1 for Alladin’s

Pablo
    Participant

Bob Evans.

jennyw
    Participant

Lavash, in Clintonville, has great prices, a casual, pleasant atmosphere and seems to be very family friendly. It’s all Middle Eastern stuff; an adult could easily eat there–and eat well–for less than $10.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Off the top of my head:

zpizza

Nida’s

Spinelli’s

Dirty Frank’s (you can go with turkey dogs if you want something a little healthier)

+1 for Lavash

Tip Top (as long as you can get a booth for the kids)

Spaghetti Warehouse

futureman
    Participant

Mazzah’s next door to Aladdin’s could also be a good choice as well. I went there with my girlfriend and two friends who also had a 9 month old and they were very accommodating. It is very small and seems to be rather busy, so that could be a problem.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Iacono’s is family friendly, inexpensive, and has a decent selection. Honestly though eating out is almost never healthy, unless you’re very diciplined about taking home half your plate as leftovers.

KSquared

futureman wrote >>
    Mazzah’s next door to Aladdin’s could also be a good choice as well. I went there with my girlfriend and two friends who also had a 9 month old and they were very accommodating. It is very small and seems to be rather busy, so that could be a problem.

+1
    The food there is really, really good.

Dirty Frank’s is great for kids.

Twixlen
    Participant

Ah yes! Spinelli’s is great as well – and they have excellent coffee.

Pablo
    Participant

Maybe ask the family what their kids like to eat?

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

starliner is always nice and affordable; not neccessarily the most quiet/private of places, but good food!

honavery

Mohawk in GV is pretty kid friendly. Max and Ermas also.

surber17
    Participant

Pablo, you’ve said Bob Evans and “ask the kids what they like” … not helping. One can’t talk yet and the other eats chicken tenders everywhere we go. i dont’ see Bob Evans as healthy btw.

ohiojimmie
    Participant

surber17 wrote >>
    i dont’ see Bob Evans as healthy btw.

Blasphemer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: