Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Next "up and coming area" in C-Bus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Next “up and coming area” in C-Bus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

Lower Grandview. South of first, east of say Woodhill or so. 30 acres of former Big Bear warehouse area being turned into shops, offices, condos and restaurants by Nationwide realty. Arena district meets Easton. All will be walkable easily from there with Grandview schools and a view of downtown. That area is relatively affordable compared to on the hill in Grandview and about to get way more fun. Already been leveled and the building has started. All the other places need other stuff to happen. This area is safe, close, already invested in, best schools, etc. Wish I had cash to get rental properties as well as wish I did not think we are only in a speed bump towards a worsening recession.

blammo
    Participant

GeoffreyCMH wrote >>
    I still like the Short North and am glad it’s there because I love to visit … it’s just not for me residentially any more as a matter of personal taste. I like some of the grit and grime that goes with real urban living, as it adds to the overall neighborhood experience, making it “real”!

Dare I say there is still plenty of grit & grime to be found in living in the Short North. Not sure I’m getting a “fake” urban vibe over here.

joev
    Participant

I’ve been pondering more about the thought I posted earlier – is it true that dense, single-family housing creates neighborhood improvement more than more-dense multi-family housing? Do you think that’s true? If so, why is that?

somertimeoh
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

GeoffreyCMH wrote >>
    I still like the Short North and am glad it’s there because I love to visit … it’s just not for me residentially any more as a matter of personal taste. I like some of the grit and grime that goes with real urban living, as it adds to the overall neighborhood experience, making it “real”!

Dare I say there is still plenty of grit & grime to be found in living in the Short North. Not sure I’m getting a “fake” urban vibe over here.

Yeah, I think getting the news this AM that Jim had another broken car window this morning, in the heart of the Short North, speaks to the grit and grime that’s still present. Between his and mine, 4 acts of vandalism in one block in less than a year. How’s that for “fake” urban vibe :)

HeySquare
    Participant

Somer… you just have to start leaving the car unlocked. My car got rifled last night… the theives got away with a broken portable CD player and a kit bag with a sewing supplies, sunscreen, and a few tampons. They left the stack of McDonalds napkins that serve as emergency tissues. Rock on, you cagey thieves.

I love the fact that they overlooked my phone car charger, which I actually would have missed. And also probably the most valuable item, the box of dry grout in the back seat.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Oh, it’s not my problem, I have the comfort of parking 4 feet from my front door now so I don’t worry about it. Poor Jim is stuck though. It was this time last year when all this BS got worse so he’s got a long winter ahead :(

KSquared

HeySquare wrote >>
    Somer… you just have to start leaving the car unlocked. My car got rifled last night… the theives got away with a broken portable CD player and a kit bag with a sewing supplies, sunscreen, and a few tampons. They left the stack of McDonalds napkins that serve as emergency tissues. Rock on, you cagey thieves.
    I love the fact that they overlooked my phone car charger, which I actually would have missed. And also probably the most valuable item, the box of dry grout in the back seat.

My brother got a pair of shoes stolen out of his car once and in their place the thief left his old, stinky sneakers.

Matthew
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    Matthew, please report to the lost and found department, we have your shit.

I’ve been known to flush smurfs (or whatever you are) down the toilet. :P

I’ve advocated leaving car doors unlocked in the past, until a friend had someone pinch a loaf in his passenger seat and butt out cigs everywhere else. It was as if leaving the door to an empty car open irritated the thief into vandalizing it. I’ve always liked the idea of electrifying our cars so that anyone breaking into it automatically gets knocked on their butt.

gk

Greater New Albany … lots of land for further expansion and larger estates.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

gk – dont even try…if you arent on board. you’re wrong.

haha

rus
    rus
    Participant

von wrote >>
    haha

On that note, anyone mentioned Hilliard yet?

Mercurius
    Participant

This map did a decent job to show the change in home values of an area.
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/multimedia//graphics/2008/mortgage/index.html

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

von wrote >>
    haha

I think gk was using that sarcasm thing.
    At least my god I hope so.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

that may be true, but he is still pretty on-target. new albany and powell are “up and coming” in the sense that they aren’t complete yet and still have years of building and growth…

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 168 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: