Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Next Nintendo System - Code Name "The NX"

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games Next Nintendo System – Code Name "The NX"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Nintendo’s Next System Is Code-Named The NX
    Luke Plunkett

At a press conference announcing their big mobile gaming deal, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has also spoken briefly (and surprisingly) about Nintendo’s next piece of dedicated hardware. Seeking to put off questions that Nintendo’s future would be entirely mobile, Iwata says that Nintendo is still very much in the “dedicated video game system market”, and that their next piece of gaming hardware is code-named the “NX”.

READ MORE: http://kotaku.com/nintendos-next-console-is-code-named-the-nintendo-nx-1691867268

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Semi-related… but an interesting look at the evolution of Nintendo’s high-caliber level design and learning mechanics that keep their games continuing to be fresh and fun, despite seemingly recreating the same old “Mario” plot experience over and over…

News
    Participant

Report: Nintendo’s Next Platform NX Is A Console-Handheld Hybrid
    Stephen Totilo

Nintendo’s new gaming machine will be a console and a handheld according to a report in today’s Wall Street Journal.

READ MORE: http://kotaku.com/report-nintendos-next-platform-nx-is-a-console-handhel-1736904323

OneBagTravel
    Participant

The PS Vita is now kind of this same thing. It’s a power house hand held that can now stream to a TV as a console would. I’m hoping Nintendo does something similar. I’m more skeptic about it being a dumbed down hand held tablet playing flappy birds but I’ll try not to be so pessimistic lol

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The PS Vita is now kind of this same thing.

I didn’t realize the PS Vita was a thing at all. ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Walker going hard to the paint!

(It’s actually an impressive piece of hardware but I couldn’t see myself owning one)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Video Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!