Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Walmart Planned on Sawmill Road

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development New Walmart Planned on Sawmill Road

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Lu
    Participant

This isn’t even close to being done, right?

Opened last month.

I remember when all of those roads were more narrow. Widening was supposed to fix the traffic issues.

So yeah… let’s just widen them again I guess. ;)

Yup, that’s what happens in metros that see tens of thousands of new residents a year.

RedStorm
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>RedStorm wrote:</div>
    And it is currently freaking impossible to get onto Sawmill heading north off of 270 W. It’s insane.

I’ve never had any problems and I drive that a few times a month because my parents live up that way.

what’s your issue, I’m curious?

Really? Every single time I’ve driven up that way this year, the line to get onto Sawmill (north) off 270 is nearly back to the twin water towers. My parents live up that way and now avoid the exit entirely because it’s so bad. There are construction signs saying “expect delays @ 270 & Sawmill” now…there’s not even construction there, right?

Have not noticed the Walmart completion. I do know the Target isn’t finished.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yup, that’s what happens in metros that see tens of thousands of new residents a year.

True, Some do just widen roads.

Other metros build smarter, and build more capacity through mass transit.

Otherwise, 270 will eventually be 24 lanes wide and sawmill will be 18 lanes wide. And we’ll still be in the same position.

pez
    Participant

I believe Sawmill Rd. Northbound from 270 is widening to three lanes up to Hard Rd. Unfortunately, that’s on really borrowed land so any additional widening is going to be a struggle. An exit onto Riverside or the new Emerald Parkway might be needed next, thousands of more residential units are going in up there. I don’t see the room to expand Sawmill without demolishing buildings on the Dublin side of the road, but maybe that’s the end game behind Dublin refusing them water and sewer.

wpcc88
    Participant

I could see another “trench” project in the works in the next decade. That interchange is horrendous unless it’s past 11PM.

The difference is that 23 is a US route and is used as a vital gateway to NW Ohio. Sawmill does not have half of the commercial traffic going/coming from the north like 23 does and will not need a project of that scale, just some updating.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I’ve thought the “construction signs saying “expect delays @ 270 & Sawmill” now” were to warn people going to fast that they need to slow down.

Matt Boyd
    Participant

I live in this area, and yes, the exit from 270W to Sawmill north is bad during evening rush hour Mon-Fri. Plus, Sawmill in general is rough just about any time the weather is nice during the day on the weekends. They just put in that left hand turning light from 315 North onto Hard Road westbound and that is a great way to gain access to the general area without having to use Sawmill. In the end it’s really not a big deal….even if you get caught up in that 270-to-Sawmill back up, it adds less than 10 minutes to your drive. If your life is scheduled so tightly that an additional 5-10 minutes is too much to handle, then you’ve got bigger things to worry about.

In general, it’s easy to navigate the area and almost completely avoid Sawmill if you know what your doing.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Every single time I’ve driven up that way this year, the line to get onto Sawmill (north) off 270 is nearly back to the twin water towers.

There are stories told by the skidmarks left on the pavement.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: