Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Urban Infill Projects in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development New Urban Infill Projects in Italian Village

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Saved for posterity… the kitty-shaped spot left by the chipped-off paint. Kudos to my 4 year old daughter for noticing this from the car. ;)

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Saved for posterity… the kitty-shaped spot left by the chipped-off paint. Kudos to my 4 year old daughter for noticing this from the car. ;)

Are there any plans for that building to go? It’s sooo ugly. I wish they’d do something with that entire 5th Ave/4th St corner.

Miracle
    Participant

Mercurius
    Participant
    Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Lots happening in IV. https://app.box.com/s/f6xsplrhwx5493lr3bkc6kr1kr6nhnaw/1/3254042374/27331739508/1

I can’t view. Must be my work computer. Lame.

ohbr
    Participant

This link didn’t work either but I saw it in the other thread that didn’t. LOVE the Budd Dairy Durable Slate concept!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MBT
    Participant

This is great news! I’m personally very excited about the development as a whole, but I have to admit I’m a little underwhelmed by the 995 N. Fourth concept and the new developments surrounding the Dairy building.

It seems like a lost opportunity leaving the lot behind the current Servall Building. If the lot isn’t going to be built out to Hamlet at west side of the site, perhaps some green space would be a better use of the site. I’m sure the future owners of the new $400k+ homes on 3rd would agree.

Hopefully the exteriors of the Budd Dairy/Durable Slate concept are just that – conceptual. They could use a lot of help.

It’s great to see some new business/retail/restaurant uses coming to the neighborhood though!

wpcc88
    Participant

This is great news! I’m personally very excited about the development as a whole, but I have to admit I’m a little underwhelmed by the 995 N. Fourth concept and the new developments surrounding the Dairy building.

It seems like a lost opportunity leaving the lot behind the current Servall Building. If the lot isn’t going to be built out to Hamlet at west side of the site, perhaps some green space would be a better use of the site. I’m sure the future owners of the new $400k+ homes on 3rd would agree.

Hopefully the exteriors of the Budd Dairy/Durable Slate concept are just that – conceptual. They could use a lot of help.

It’s great to see some new business/retail/restaurant uses coming to the neighborhood though!

Parking is at a minimum in the area so the lot will be necessary for such a large establishment. Went to Fox in Snow this past weekend and it was very difficult to park there and I don’t live in the immediate area to walk yet.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Went to Fox in Snow this past weekend and it was very difficult to park there and I don’t live in the immediate area to walk yet.

Heh. I was in there twice last week. Once on Tuesday around Noon (easy parking – not as busy) and once on Saturday around 11am (hard to park – crazy busy).

I think you were probably just there during peak hours. ;)

News
    Participant

Vacant Lot in Italian Village May See Residential Infill
    March 17, 2015 11:09 am – Walker Evans

A small corner lot at the intersection of First Avenue and Mount Pleasant Avenue sits only one block from High Street, but has been vacant long enough for a walking path to be worn in the grass by residents who cut diagonally through it while walking dogs and dodging crab apples from the overgrown trees in the front. The landscape of the lot may soon change, first as a construction staging area for the nearby Donatos redevelopment, and later with addition of new town homes.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/vacant-lot-in-italian-village-may-see-residential-infill

News
    Participant

GoreMade Pizza Plans Opening of Italian Village Restaurant
    May 4, 2015 2:49 pm – Rebecca Wagner

Ironically, Italian Village is decidedly lacking in Italian restaurants. Caterer and pizzaiolo Nick Gore is looking to change that for good by opening a brick and mortar version of his mobile pizza operation, GoreMade Pizza. The wood-fired pizza restaurant will be located on 936 North Fourth Street, next to Little Rock Bar. A tentative opening is slated for fall 2015, after Gore completes a busy mobile oven summer season.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/goremade-pizza-plans-opening-of-italian-village-restaurant-rw1

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

What’s up with that house being built off to the left on Summit and Warren? Is that even a house? It looks so tiny, and it’s in such an odd location, but I see a for sale sign.

ohbr
    Participant

I keep looking at it too wondering but it say’s it’s a house. I think it may be like the tall ones they built right off 670 with a room or so per floor. Or they are building the garage before they build the rest of the house on the other half.

honestlyinsincere
    Participant

Agreed, it looks a little odd. The garage is clearly the majority of the first floor. I’m not sure how functional the front room facing Summit St. will be for receiving guests. The staircase wasn’t in as of yesterday. I’d love to see a floor plan.

Also, the construction of this house prevents any auto access for the remaining corner lot to the south. I wonder if it will get developed without dedicated parking? To my knowledge, there aren’t currently any projects in IV without parking included. I definitely think it could support a use without parking though.

Mike88
    Participant

GoreMade Pizza Plans Opening of Italian Village Restaurant<br>
    May 4, 2015 2:49 pm – Rebecca Wagner

Ironically, Italian Village is decidedly lacking in Italian restaurants. Caterer and pizzaiolo Nick Gore is looking to change that for good by opening a brick and mortar version of his mobile pizza operation, GoreMade Pizza. The wood-fired pizza restaurant will be located on 936 North Fourth Street, next to Little Rock Bar. A tentative opening is slated for fall 2015, after Gore completes a busy mobile oven summer season.<br>
    <br>
    READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/goremade-pizza-plans-opening-of-italian-village-restaurant-rw1

I’m glad that the old TV repair shop is getting an Overhaul, 4th street is really booming lately.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: