Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Urban Infill Projects in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development New Urban Infill Projects in Italian Village

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

New Victorians Staying Busy With Multiple Italian Village Projects
    May 6, 2014 8:00 am – Brent Warren

Local developer New Victorians is staying busy in Italian Village, with one project sold, one about to start, and two more working their way through the variance and area commission process. Joe Armeni, who heads up New Victorians as well as a RE/MAX realty office based in Harrison West, recently updated us on where the projects stand.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-victorians-staying-busy-with-mulitple-italian-village-projects-bw1

News
    Participant

Joe Armeni on 30 Years of Rehabs and New-Builds in the Short North
    June 12, 2014 9:36 am — Brent Warren

Joe Armeni has had a front row seat for the Short North’s long transition from troubled to trendy. As a realtor and developer – he heads up New Victorians as well as a RE/MAX office based in Harrison West – Armeni has been living and working in the neighborhood for more than 3o years.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/joe-armeni-on-30-years-of-rehabs-and-new-builds-in-the-short-north

uncleboo
    Participant

A new sign was installed on the corner of 2nd and Summit where the 6 condos by Connie Klema are being built. We’re losing our garden we know, but anxious to see these become a reality.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Nice. Thanks for posting!

We tried to set up an alternative location for the garden in the empty lot next door to our house, but the guy that owns the lot has never bothered to respond to us. It probably wouldn’t have gotten as much sun as this location but it was something.

Are there plans for relocation?

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

I saw that sign this morning, a bit sad to see that lot go.

A few years back it seemed someone set up a garden on the corner of 4th and 5th across from the Beer Barn. Not sure who owns that lot though. Also, a section of that area behind the school on 3rd might be more viable.

uncleboo
    Participant

Yep no problem. I send Connie an email asking what details she could share about the lot (when? how much?) but haven’t heard anything. My sense is they will go pretty quickly since I think both of Joe’s new builds on Punta have sold.

Unfortunately I don’t think the garden will be relocated. Seems all the empty lots in the block are tied up now.

News
    Participant

Six New Houses Planned for Corner of Second and Summit
    July 26, 2014 11:26 am – Brent Warren

Construction could start as soon as this fall on six new single-family houses at the corner of Summit Street and East Second Avenue in Italian Village. The site, which in recent years has hosted a community garden, will be split into six lots, each featuring a two-and-a-half story, two-bedroom house.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/six-new-houses-planned-for-corner-of-second-and-summit-bw1

uncleboo
    Participant

I had an exciting (and sad) conversation with Connie this morning – she asked that we clear the gardens by the end of the month as they are hoping to start construction on the 6 houses in early October. This is in addition to the house on the lot that sits behind Connie’s (fronting Punta) that Urban Restorations is starting any day now. Finally that corner will be filled completely. Hooray!

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

My favorite in the area so far is the tiny yellow house on the corner of 3rd off of the alley. It has a for sale sign in the window, and I’m really curious how much it’s selling for. If it’s 800 sq. ft. I’d be surprised, but might work for someone single in the area.

Regarding the garden, have you seen this ? While the event says Italian Village, the Guild is in Weinland Park so I think that’s a bit misleading but…

MBT
    Participant

Does anyone know what is going on at the storefront on N. 4th St. just south of the St. James? They’ve been working on a fairly extensive facelift for the last few weeks.

DLDude
    Participant

I noticed that too. Already a lot of progress made. Hopefully something cool is going in! Italian village is ready to shine

omgAileen
    Participant

My favorite in the area so far is the tiny yellow house on the corner of 3rd off of the alley. It has a for sale sign in the window, and I’m really curious how much it’s selling for. If it’s 800 sq. ft. I’d be surprised, but might work for someone single in the area.

Regarding the garden, have you seen this ? While the event says Italian Village, the Guild is in Weinland Park so I think that’s a bit misleading but…

I called the number on sign in front of the little yellow house and the sellers are asking for $240,000. It’s all brand new inside – I think the sellers totally gutted it. He said the price could be negotiable, though. It’s super cute and makes me wish I had the means to buy it.

Anyone know what’s going on with the old taxi lot on the corner of 5th and Summit? It seems to be closed down.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Glad they’re keeping the neighborhood aesthetically pleasing instead of creating some drab brick and cement “modern” structures.

Sethgc
    Participant

Does anyone know what is going on at the storefront on N. 4th St. just south of the St. James? They’ve been working on a fairly extensive facelift for the last few weeks.

That’s going to be ‘Fox in the Snow Cafe’ https://www.facebook.com/foxinthesnowcafe?ref=br_tf … pretty cool what’s going on around there!

dru
    Participant

best i know this is going to be fox and the snow –
    https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9839781,-82.9989991,3a,75y,272.95h,80.62t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1snkC1dajFkUMBZb-Q6PrEGQ!2e0

what everyone is wondering about is this –
    https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9843798,-82.9990744,3a,75y,266.87h,77.27t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sxLdziZJBqjbBXyAnwuEf3g!2e0

both have undergone major renovations and look nothing like the streetview images.

the parking lot connects, but is fox in the snow using both buildings?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE