Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New to Thai food, any advice?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining New to Thai food, any advice?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Looks amazing Snarf! I’m jealous of your Thai skills.

There’s no methadone for Thai food so I finally checked out Thai Grille up in Westerville. Yes, that’s how much I wanted Thai, I braved the suburbs. Good stuff. I’ll upload the pics later. Apparently my new occupation is CU food photographer.

Tenzo
    Participant

Had some suprisingly good food at Thai Lotus on Lynn street (more like a pedestrian alley) by High and Broad. Food was nice and spicey.

The only thing that bugged me was that the prices go up as you get closer to the door. They have a sign on High saying lunch for $5.95. Then in fron to the place the same sign with a line through the prices. then when you get inside, lunch in $1 more and the drink is $.50 more.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

We finally got a chance to try Thai Grille tonight after hearing raves from our friends about it. It was great; I had a huge bowl of spring noodles which I didn’t think I could possibly finish, but managed to. Their home-made ginger ale was also pretty nice; not as good as Northstar, but I enjoyed it, especially on a hot day such as today. Only downside is that Westerville is a bit far.

dirtgirl
    Participant

Tenzo wrote >>
    Had some suprisingly good food at Thai Lotus on Lynn street (more like a pedestrian alley) by High and Broad. Food was nice and spicey.
    The only thing that bugged me was that the prices go up as you get closer to the door.

Yeah the lotus is a bizarre place but nice in a pinch. They have this big picture menu, and almost since it’s opened, more than half of the menu items have been crossed out. I don’t even know why it exists – they have what they have on the steam tray and that’s it. It’ll satisfy your lunchtime curry craving if you don’t have time to drive to the ‘burbs.

dsigner
    Participant

+1: I second the recommendation for Bangkok on Refugee. It looks like a dive, but they have really good food.

dirtgirl
    Participant

I’m boggled by the posts that say Bangkok looks like a dive. Maybe people just mean from the outside, because admittedly it doesn’t have a lot of curb appeal. But inside, I find it perfectly charming, like a family-friendly asian diner. The only disappointment is that it doesn’t serve alcohol and the adjoining asian market doesn’t sell beer. Nothing goes with thai food like a cold lager.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

dirtgirl wrote >>
    I’m boggled by the posts that say Bangkok looks like a dive. Maybe people just mean from the outside, because admittedly it doesn’t have a lot of curb appeal. But inside, I find it perfectly charming, like a family-friendly asian diner. The only disappointment is that it doesn’t serve alcohol and the adjoining asian market doesn’t sell beer. Nothing goes with thai food like a cold lager.

i’m sure people mean it looks like a dump from the outside, and they are correct.

those shrimp patties though, mmm mmm!

DavidF
    Participant

Bangkok is my go to place for good thai food. I gotta admit though, lately I’ve gotten really hooked on their wonton soup. Maybe the best I’ve ever had. Oh, and the taro bubble tea is really, really good too.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: