Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Three-Story Mixed-Use Development at First and Summit in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development New Three-Story Mixed-Use Development at First and Summit in Italian Village

This topic contains 59 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bike lanes will have a calming effect, especially if they are protected as the graphic illustrates. Unfortunately, there is NO plan to have protected bike lanes, just designated

Did something change? Because from that very article (in January) we were told the opposite:

Still in the planning stages is the Downtown portion of the project, which will feature physically separated bike lanes on Third and Fourth Streets. Chief Mobility Engineer Bill Lewis said that they are looking at examples from other cities that have “cycle tracks” – the term for bike lanes that run along a roadway but are separated from traffic by a curb, landscaped median, bollard, or other means. Whatever form the Columbus version takes, the two separated lanes will be a first for the city.

melnickj
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>substance wrote:</div>
    Bike lanes will have a calming effect, especially if they are protected as the graphic illustrates. Unfortunately, there is NO plan to have protected bike lanes, just designated

Did something change? Because from that very article (in January) we were told the opposite:

Still in the planning stages is the Downtown portion of the project, which will feature physically separated bike lanes on Third and Fourth Streets. Chief Mobility Engineer Bill Lewis said that they are looking at examples from other cities that have “cycle tracks” – the term for bike lanes that run along a roadway but are separated from traffic by a curb, landscaped median, bollard, or other means. Whatever form the Columbus version takes, the two separated lanes will be a first for the city.

Its great that they are planning those on the downtown stretch, but how about in the neighborhoods where people actually live. 4th and Summit go all the way from Clintonville through OSU to the Short North, how about some love for us not just downtown.

rory
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>substance wrote:</div>

I thought north of 670 Summit and N. Fourth were just going to be restriped with no protective bike lane. I don’t know about Downtown. I’m not sure how much that will slow down traffic either.

melnickj
    Participant

My big fear is ending up with this (lane on the 4th Street bridge) on the full length of 4th and Summit. Its ridiculous that the city can’t do any better than that.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Its great that they are planning those on the downtown stretch, but how about in the neighborhoods where people actually live. 4th and Summit go all the way from Clintonville through OSU to the Short North, how about some love for us not just downtown.

Oh, gotcha. I guess I read that as being for the whole route, but I guess they are just talking Downtown.

I agree that it would be a huge missed opportunity if the lanes aren’t separated through IV and WP.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

News
    Participant

Condos Approved for Former Gas Station in Italian Village
    July 16, 2014 11:30 am – Brent Warren

Borror Properties continued its recent run of success with the Short North review commissions, receiving final approval last night from the Italian Village Commission for their six-unit condo project at the corner of East First Avenue and Summit Street.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/condos-approved-for-former-gas-station-in-italian-village-bw1

jOHnH
    Participant

rentals or for purchase?

Mercurius
    Participant

rentals or for purchase?

Purchase

b.miller
    Participant

No details yet on square footage or price points?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

No details yet on square footage or price points?

Not yet. That usually comes later on…

Though I imagine they’re going to be higher end being a new-build in a prime location with two-car garages per each two-bedroom unit.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lots of progress since last month’s photo…

PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-march-2015-part-2

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.