Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Stuff on High St

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development New Stuff on High St

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)
  • Author

MFRONE
    Participant

turbo ninja wrote >>
    DP Dough is the kind of thing you crave at 2am, so you call to place your order for a Maui Wowi and a Drop Zone with extra sauce and the guy is like “40 minutes to an hour for delivery” and you’re like “that’s fine” and then 45 minutes later the delivery guy is like “I can’t pound any harder on this door without the chance of busting it down” and you’re all passed out sitting mostly upright in a chair, fully dressed including shoes on and contacts in.
    It’s tasty but not the kind of thing I’d eat for lunch or a normal dinner.
    Here’s the menu for the Athens location. I’d expect Columbus to be very similar if not identical.

I will agree with the ordering scenario, but to me DP Dough is delicious at anytime of the day. I cannot wait for this to open.

Columbusite

The Arby’s spot has been empty, but I thought the upper floors had long since been turned into condos. Any word on what’s going on here?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Dunno. I spotted that the other day too. Looks like remodeling? I don’t know if they ever sold them as condos. Perhaps they’re turning them into offices?

heresthecasey
    Participant

The work on the old Zaxby’s is almost done looks like it will be a Papa John’s Pizza and some Chase Bank ATMs

Columbusite

Travonna Coffee Shop has an awning up along with their hours (they close at 1AM).

lisathewaitress
    Participant

lstandsforlisa wrote >>
    Unless it’s been mentioned elsewhere, a place called Ali Baba’s is opening up on campus where Jimmy Guaco’s used to be located. I’m all about more Mediterranean food on campus. Though I would kill for more Indian food options.

If anyone hasn’t been to Ali Baba yet, go NOW. it is amazing. If you were a Pita Hut fan you will probably recognize 2 of the guys at Ali Baba, who left to start the new space. Mr Waitress and I agree it edges out Pita Hut; it has more options and a really detailed menu. If you are really poor they have 4 falafel balls for $1. We ate there like 4 times last week (turkey/lamb schwarma sandwiches ftw!). And as always, everyone is super nice, and, as with seemingly all Middle Eastern restaurants, their fries are some of the best.

patient_zero
    Participant

So this Ali Baba would be located at 1980 N. High then? That’s where the former J.G.’s was located.

The falafel at Pita Hut was fabulous, and the guys you speak so highly of are actually really nice. I’ll be happy to send business their way.

Falafel and tahini sauce – ummm!

Correct me if this is not the right location Rosie:

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Yes, that’s where it’s at.

They’re doing very good business there. A lot of the foreign students at OSU for the summer are so excited to have it there. I know a few people who have been going multiple times a week since it opened.

These guys really hit a good nerve when opening this place. It’s well worth a visit.

jeffz

So is it fair to say that Travonna Coffee House is a direct result of the Jackson On High project? I was wondering how long it would take for this to spur some further development. Now if only someone would snap up vacant lot on 5ht and High (wasn’t there a Walgreens planned at some point?)

lisathewaitress wrote >>

lstandsforlisa wrote >>
    Unless it’s been mentioned elsewhere, a place called Ali Baba’s is opening up on campus where Jimmy Guaco’s used to be located. I’m all about more Mediterranean food on campus. Though I would kill for more Indian food options.

If anyone hasn’t been to Ali Baba yet, go NOW. it is amazing. If you were a Pita Hut fan you will probably recognize 2 of the guys at Ali Baba, who left to start the new space. Mr Waitress and I agree it edges out Pita Hut; it has more options and a really detailed menu. If you are really poor they have 4 falafel balls for $1. We ate there like 4 times last week (turkey/lamb schwarma sandwiches ftw!). And as always, everyone is super nice, and, as with seemingly all Middle Eastern restaurants, their fries are some of the best.

know what I’m eating this week :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Kbear919 wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>

lstandsforlisa wrote >>

Seriously. I’m dying inside now.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

Kbear919 wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>

lstandsforlisa wrote >>

Seriously. I’m dying inside now.

evidently open until midnight…

mellotron
    Participant

Went to Ali Baba today following a trip to Used Kids Records. Let’s just say I’ll be stopping in for a bite on all subsequent music shopping trips!

Got the Lamb Kabab with the Eggplant (wow!) and Salata sides, with complimentary pitas (3!) and a tzatziki-style sauce. For $7.99, this was definitely enough to split between two people.

deraj1013
    Participant

Ali Baba is delicious. Slather harissa all over the falafel sandwich and you have a winner.

dejitaru
    Participant

Probably been posted before but couldnt find in a search looks like Bakery Gingham is opening another location in the short north. Saw an opening soon sign across the street from huntington next to the Victorian Gate condo office.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION