Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Stuff on High St

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development New Stuff on High St

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 157 total)
  • Author

SSBucks
    Participant

Does anyone know anything about the “Chop Shop” near lane on campus (next to BW3 in the space that’s been seemingly 1 million different bars over the last 5 years or so)? Just passed by the other day and saw the sign but it doesn’t look like it’s open yet.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

They’ve been working on that place since last Summer, but I haven’t heard any updates. It’s supposedly opening at the beginning of this year:

http://thelantern.com/2014/10/the-chop-shop-aims-to-bring-upscale-burgers-to-university-district/

heresthecasey
    Participant

W.G. Grinders on High between Chitt and 12th has closed. Signs up in the windows indicate that Jersey Mike’s Subs will be opening soon in the same spot.

wpcc88
    Participant

W.G. Grinders on High between Chitt and 12th has closed. Signs up in the windows indicate that Jersey Mike’s Subs will be opening soon in the same spot.

Surprised it took this long; it hasn’t been “original” for about 6-7 years.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

It never actually looked open.

JAL
    Participant

http://flyinggent.com/ I saw tonight that Flying Gent moved their store into the former Peanut Shoppe location on High Street.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Second Sole is opening a new location in the former Huntington Bank at 662 N High,

http://www.secondsoleohio.com/#!short-north/c18tb

LizaV
    Participant

Yesterday I noticed a sign for “Bar 7 Merion Village” coming soon. A bit south of Thurman on S High. I haven’t been able to find any info online- does anyone have insight?

heresthecasey
    Participant

Ugh.

“Coming Soon, Bullwinkles will be the premier night club on The Ohio State University campus and in the city. Centrally located on high street across from the Ohio Union, we will offer a party atmosphere second to none in the city. Bullwinkles will bring the party back to campus. Bullwinkles is a great place to celebrate any occasion, such as birthdays and bachelor/bachlorette parties. We can’t wait to get open and get this party started.”

1770 N High St (former College Town book store)

http://www.facebook.com/Bullwinklescbus/

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

So what happens when they do all the proposed work on that block in a few years? I mean, assuming they make it that long.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So what happens when they do all the proposed work on that block in a few years?

That plan has revealed no specifics about which buildings would be replaced and which would be renovated.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

True, but knowing that that’s a possibility, they’re risking opening up a new place just to shut it down again.

buckeyecpa
    Participant

That building isn’t part of the proposed plan. The plan is from the north side of 14th-17th ave’s

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

That building isn’t part of the proposed plan. The plan is from the north side of 14th-17th ave’s

Good call. I was looking at Google Maps wrong. Whoops.

Well, cheers to Bullwinkles! ;)

wpcc88
    Participant

Bullwinkles has the same owners as Charlie Bear.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 157 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION