Our City Online

Messageboard - Music

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Soundgarden song

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Music New Soundgarden song

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant
    Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Looks like they took link down heres another to the new song.
    http://www.1077theend.com/pages/12082781.php?pid=267861

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Graybeak
    Participant

It’s almost like someone doesn’t want you hearing it for free, or something…

Or, they are trying to generate a hype for the product using multiple posts with similar content…

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

yea thats it…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Do you like Chris Cornell? I’ve been a big Soundgarden fan ever since the release of their 1991 album, Badmotorfinger. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Badmotorfinger where Chris Cornell’s presence became more apparent. I think Black Hole Sun was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Thayil, Yamamoto and Cornell. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Spoonman. In this song, Chris Cornell addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Spoonman is the most moving rock song of the 1990s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I’ve heard in rock. Chris Cornell’s solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Can’t Change Me and Moonchild. But I also think Chris Cornell works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Black Hole Sun is a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Do you like Chris Cornell? I’ve been a big Soundgarden fan ever since the release of their 1991 album, Badmotorfinger. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Badmotorfinger where Chris Cornell’s presence became more apparent. I think Black Hole Sun was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Thayil, Yamamoto and Cornell. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Spoonman. In this song, Chris Cornell addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Spoonman is the most moving rock song of the 1990s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I’ve heard in rock. Chris Cornell’s solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Can’t Change Me and Moonchild. But I also think Chris Cornell works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Black Hole Sun is a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Pretty much agree,been a SG fan since Ultramega ok.Saw 5 or 6 CC songbook shows recently was totally surprised by the shows.New song is nothing great but its new material.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

:)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Rusty1 said:
    Pretty much agree,been a SG fan since Ultramega ok.Saw 5 or 6 CC songbook shows recently was totally surprised by the shows.New song is nothing great but its new material.

Did you know that Soundgarden’s deubt LP, simply titled Ultramega OK, didn’t have any hit singles? Did you know that, Rusty?

It’s hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but “Smokestack Lightening” is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it’s not too late to better ourselves. Since, Rusty, it’s impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It’s an important message, crucial really. And it’s beautifully stated on the album.

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Did you know that Soundgarden’s deubt LP, simply titled Ultramega OK, didn’t have any hit singles? Did you know that, Rusty?

It’s hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but “Smokestack Lightening” is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it’s not too late to better ourselves. Since, Rusty, it’s impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It’s an important message, crucial really. And it’s beautifully stated on the album.

Duh, tons of great albums didnt have hit singles imo.Look at the Grateful Dead…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I have to return some videotapes.

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Snarf said:
    I have to return some videotapes.

Nothing left to do but smile smile smile

GCrites80s
    Participant

And they wrote what will probably be the only song ever made about Kyle Petty.

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    And they wrote what will probably be the only song ever made about Kyle Petty.

lol yep.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Music’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE