Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bernard’s Tavern - New Short North Bar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Bernard’s Tavern – New Short North Bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

von wrote >>
    my brother in law is always looking for places to play…and he’s good. you know, good like writes his own shit.

He was great at your wedding. I’d definitely dig hearing him play there. I’d even love hearing him play covers as I’m sure his selection would probably be much better. He should get in touch with the Bernard’s folks fo sho.

patient_zero
    Participant

osulew wrote >> I had the best intentions of eating dinner, but it turns out that multiple pints of Bourbon Barrel Rye are a sufficient substitute. (and a handful of Amstel Lights just for good measure)

Loved that Bourbon Barrel Rye as well, but wanted to be able to finish my dinner. Loved that Matilda on tap even more. Funny, but I thought you were a hardcore PBR girl. Did you like anything else there on tap?

@b-man Thanks for the kind words. Hit them up for happy hour someday soon and try those peppers.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>

osulew wrote >> I had the best intentions of eating dinner, but it turns out that multiple pints of Bourbon Barrel Rye are a sufficient substitute. (and a handful of Amstel Lights just for good measure)

Loved that Bourbon Barrel Rye as well, but wanted to be able to finish my dinner. Loved that Matilda on tap even more. Funny, but I thought you were a hardcore PBR girl. Did you like anything else there on tap?
    @b-man Thanks for the kind words. Hit them up for happy hour someday soon and try those peppers.

We sampled that Matilda, and the entire table hated it for various reasons. Someone said it tasted like rotten flowers. And someone said it tasted like a citronella candle…not at hit with any of us at all. And I do drink lots of PBR, but I often switch it up. I don’t know where this Amstel Light kick came from. I just like beer and stuff with alcohol in it.

patient_zero
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

patient_zero wrote >>

We sampled that Matilda, and the entire table hated it for various reasons. Someone said it tasted like rotten flowers. And someone said it tasted like a citronella candle…not at hit with any of us at all.

The tropical fruits and Belgian style yeast suited me well, and Matilda was well received on Beeradvocate. The great thing is that there is so much to choose from on their beer list, and there is something for everyone.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Anyone know if this place has WiFi? I’m trying to line up all my possibilities for March Madness while pretending to work viewing locations.

patient_zero
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Anyone know if this place has WiFi? I’m trying to line up all my possibilities for March Madness while pretending to work viewing locations.

No they don’t. Not yet, at least.

somertimeoh
    Participant

OK, thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE